2.5 mg per day Methimazole
I was diagnosed with Graves Disease nearly one year ago. For the last 8 months I have been on 2.5 mg per day. I saw my endo today and he reported that I am doing fine and should continue with the 2.5 mg. As I read through the forums, I've yet to find anyone on a dosage that small. Is this a standard maintenance dosage?
Yes it is a standard maintanance dose and yr lucky to have found it works.
Usually they keep you on a low dose  for 6 months then take you off it to see if your levels  still stay stable.
Thanks for responding smiler. The endo doesn't seem to be interested in getting me off methimazole. He really wants to do the RAI.
How do you take such a small dose? My pills only come in 10mg and I have to cut them in half and take every other day.
While you are stable on such a small dose and if your liver enzymes arent in the 1000's then tell the Endo to go run and jump.
If your levels are stable, you would be mad to do RAI in my opinion.
Usually RAI is only done if there is cancer and if levels are unstable.
if you have RAI done, you are looking at a whole new ballgame so to speak.
Why fix it if it isnt broken (so to speak) ?
Sit on the ATD's....unless yr levels go haywire and cant be controlled.
If my levels were stable on ATD's, and I didnt have Thyroid Storm and Cancer , there is no way on this earth I would let some Endo do RAI.
As far as how do I get my dosage so small--I break a pill in half and break the half in half. You can easily do it with your fingernails. Doesn't cost me much money for my meds. :-)

I am seriously thinking about going to another endo. He started talking about doing RAI on me the minute I walked in the door, and I can tell he is a little ill with me for not doing it. Like you say, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Yeah paula....I totally agree with seeing another Endo or Doctor.
In regards to meds ...I break my 50mcg Thyroxine in 4 to get 12.5mcg...easily done and just use the other 3 x 1/4 over the next 3 days.
Although I did find the Carbimazole crumbles a lot and I must admit I wasted a bit of mine lol.
With a methi dose that low, I would do some research and see if you don't feel you are going into remission. Agree that RAI would be nuts. Congrats on getting so well after only a year of graves!
I was diagnosed with Graves in May of last year.  I have continually reduced my methimazole every two months.  I saw my endo tuesday, and he told me I am still a bit hypo on the meds.  I have been on 2.5 mg daily for the past two months.  He now says to skip the Sunday dose each week.  He told me the recuurece rate was lower if I stay on the meds for at least eighteen months?  Have you all heard this?