Thyroid Disorders Community
Abnormal Menstral Bleeding

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Abnormal Menstral Bleeding

I am 31 years old, and have had Hypothyroidism for 9 years now. I recently had my thyroid level check with a blood test because I have been bleeding for almost 2 months, sometimes my heart will start pounding, or I'll feel dizzy. I was sure my thyroid level was off, because the same thing happened before and it WAS my thyroid. This time, the doctor told me my thyroid level was fine.?  So my question is: What else could it be? Am I worrying about nothing?
Thank you.
Please post your thyroid related test results and their reference ranges shown on the lab report so that members can assess the adequacy of your testing and treatment.
I don't have them. They just told me over the phone that my levels were fine, no change to my medication level was needed.
My cousin I am living with experienced this. What happened with her, is that she is living in a house hold with three other women, myself included who are still menstuating. Some doctors don't believe in synchronized menstrul cycles, but in my case, my older cousin having the bleeding issue is supposed to be the dominant one, and everyone else's cycle follows after her. When dominance shifts, the bleeding can be affected. I spotted on my period for two weeks with off and on bleeding, while she had non stop bleeding about the same time span as you. Since she doesn't suffer from and thyroid issues, she saw a gyno, and they recommended "the pill" or her usual birth control to clear it up. She had to remain on it for a few months but the bleeding stopped for a few days, and then entirely. Also stress could affect it but check other issues too.
Just because they are in the so-called "normal' range does not mean they are adequate for you.  First, the ranges are too broad.  Second each person is different, and may require different levels to feel best.  

It is a good idea to always get a copy of your lab report and note on there how you were feeling at the time plus whatever meds/supplements you were taking.  Those reports then become very valuable references for the future.  I suggest that you arrange to get a copy of the report and post results and ranges, as suggested, and we will do our best to help.  By law, the doctor is required to provide a copy upon your request.
I meant to add that with you having hypothyroidism and some symptoms that may indicate that your thyroid levels are less than optimal, there could be other possible contributors.  But, with your history, and my knowledge of how doctors all too frequently inadequately test and treat hypothyroidism,  I would sure evaluate the thyroid issue first.  
Thank You
Thank you