Thyroid Disorders Community
Acheing joints/muscles - so tired???

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Acheing joints/muscles - so tired???

Hi all, I had PT 3 weeks ago and so far have felt reasonably ok apart from post op' pain etc.  The last few days though I have been feeling extremely tired, hot at night, my joints and leg muscles ache so badly I am having difficulty sleeping.  Other muscles and joints ache,(my fingers actually hurt to type this!!), and I have a exzema (eczema)-type rash on my hands. (which I have had before and put steroid cream on) and I just generally feel rough.  I know it is still 'early days' post 'op but I was feeling better last week than now.  
Could any of these symptoms be related to Hypo/hyper?  What should I do about them.. I am back to taking pain killers again just to get me to sleep when I had not any at all after the first week out of hospital.
Any comments/suggestions i would be grateful.
Hope you are all doing ok out there?  It has been a beautiful Bank Holiday Monday here in the South of England and I had ALL the kids home plus various boy/girl friends!  Busy, busy day, so am not happy about feeling this worn out and exhausted.
Jacqui x  
Hi there- You are arent on any medsright? This could be why. My dr told me that after my TT that I would have about a good 7-10 days with my normal hormones floating around. After that he said will go HYPO. I was on my meds one week after my TT, but I started to feel the HYPO kicking in!

Hang in there!!
Hi J,

I am four weeks post op and feeling like **** too.  I am not on any meds yet and I'm sure I should be.  I havent even had blood work done yet.  

I feel sore in so many places, I'm irritable, I have a constant headache, and I'm exhausted, to say the least!  And yet I cant sleep to save my life.  

I wasnt sure if my situation was stress related due to the diagnosis, but with your post and M's response, I'm thinking I best get that blood work done tout de suite.

I hope you are feeling better soon.  Maybe we can compare bloodwork in a week or so?

No I am not on any meds at all and waiting for follow up appt in next couple of weeks.  My TSH level was 2,49 as of a 10 days a go, (which was about 2 weeks post op').  The doc was very happy with that and seemed to think that the remaining half of thyroid was working ok.  So why do I feel so bad?  Have had another poor night sleep and joints and muscles still very sore.  Hands are worse. Very hard to type!
J x.
sorry, just 'bumping' to see if any other advice/ideas out there
Jx
You sound hypo- have you had your labs drawn lately?  Hopefully you will get on meds soon.  Your other half may not be working properly- you may need meds.