Aa
A
A
Close
Acid Reflux as Symptom of Hypothyroidism
Dear Doctor:

I read through the posts on this site, but didn't see Acid Reflux as a designated symptom of Hypothyroidism.  My mother has this Hypothyroidism as well as my sister.  I'm 57 years old and wondering if I could be getting Hypothyroidsim.  I was tested for TSH levels in January of this year, but they were normal.  I was also taking flax oil and have stopped that in January because of this acid problem.  Is Acid Reflux a problem with people when they start getting the condition of Hypothyroidism?
Cancel
3 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Yes, it can definitely be a symptom.  I can vouch for that.  Were you tested for anything besides TSH?  What was the actual number and the reference range used by the lab and the doc?
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Sorry, I didn't realize this was a repeat question.  If you want to ask Dr. Lupo, then go to this link and click on the Doctors forum on thyroid on the right side of the page.

http://www.medhelp.org/forums/list
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
I can second that, I have been suffering from stomach problems and pian in the esophagus for the last two weeks on and off, I have Hashi's although the reflux seemed to get worse because I went a little Hyper while having my synthroid adjusted and still have it, I am hoping, when my tsh comes back to normal it will ease up. Good Luck FTB4
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Thyroid Disorders Community Resources