Acid Reflux as Symptom of Hypothyroidism
Dear Doctor:

I read through the posts on this site, but didn't see Acid Reflux as a designated symptom of Hypothyroidism.  My mother has this Hypothyroidism as well as my sister.  I'm 57 years old and wondering if I could be getting Hypothyroidsim.  I was tested for TSH levels in January of this year, but they were normal.  I was also taking flax oil and have stopped that in January because of this acid problem.  Is Acid Reflux a problem with people when they start getting the condition of Hypothyroidism?
Yes, it can definitely be a symptom.  I can vouch for that.  Were you tested for anything besides TSH?  What was the actual number and the reference range used by the lab and the doc?
Sorry, I didn't realize this was a repeat question.  If you want to ask Dr. Lupo, then go to this link and click on the Doctors forum on thyroid on the right side of the page.

http://www.medhelp.org/forums/list
I can second that, I have been suffering from stomach problems and pian in the esophagus for the last two weeks on and off, I have Hashi's although the reflux seemed to get worse because I went a little Hyper while having my synthroid adjusted and still have it, I am hoping, when my tsh comes back to normal it will ease up. Good Luck FTB4