Brain Fog
I seem to remember Brain Fog being a symptom of a thyroid problem, If I remember right it was Hypothyroidism.  First question, Is this true?
Second question, What is Brain Fog?

Reason I ask, I was diagnosed with an rare ear problem and just found a support group for it.  In there I seen a post about Brain Fog and thought, This Is Me!  Right to the T, and all the responses came up with examples and each one of them are Me!  So, While there reading this thread I remembered there was mention on the thyroid forum about Brain Fog and at the time I read the thyroid thing I thought Brain Fog was something else and not quite me. So, again, Is Brain Fog part of hypothyroidism? and if so What is Brain Fog? just in case it is something different from the ear problem "brain fog".
Definitely a hypo (and also hyper) symptom.  Fuzzy thinking, not being quite in touch, a bit "out of it".  It applies to a number of different conditions, including "chemo brain"...experienced by chemo therapy patients.
Brain Fog to me is ...confusion, forgetting things, not recognising places I have been( in the country),just doing clumsy things, forgetting peoples names.....really a short lived amnesia...thats what brain fog is for me.
OK, Great!! :-)

Reading the other forum on Superior Canal Dehiscence Syndrome (hole between the brain and inner ear, SCDS) 99% of all "Brain Fog" comes in the form of loosing peoples names.  It's like having the name at the tip of the tongue but you struggle to remember it. This could easily be your parents or siblings names.  Anyhow, every single persons individual experience with brain fog is the exact same with only the explanation, or wording being different.  It's exciting to find people who word for word have exactly the same thing as you.  what's also funny is that we all do the same things to hide it :-)

So, In that spirit, I'm going to start another thread here on Brain Fog and your experiance to see how similar or in general we all are.
I am usually good with names but when brain fog occurs from Hypo...I am not.
Although I must say, it is very short-lived, usually a few hours to a day at the most.
Its when my thyroid levels are unbalanced.
The inner ear can also cause a lot of problems and are not just from the thyroid.
I have 2 friends who are deaf and one who has a Cochlear Ear implant.
Their deafness was NOT hereditary ...it was nerve deafness from a traumatic shock in their lives.
This is very common.
Oh and thought I'd mention it lol...
Oldtimers Disease (Dementia) can produce Brain Fog :)
But will be interesting to see the posts.
Good Luck:)
Wh-aaaaa---aaaaat? Oh yeah...I was reading something about some man having some problem with something...Oh my cat needs feeding.....what was I doing? Oh yeah...pretty leaves on the trees........Oh crikey! I see I was supposed to see my doctor at 2pm and it is now 6pm...darn and bugger!

THAT'S brain fog!

Feels like you are in a dream, walking through mud, overtired and drunk all at the same time........

Sorry....what was the question, again????????????????????????
I know where ya coming from Red lol