Thyroid Disorders Community
Calcium slighty high

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Calcium slighty high

For the 2nd time this year, my calcium in my blood was slightly high. (10.3) normal lab upper limit is 10.2

I was in the hospital in July, and they said it was high then, but ran in later during my stay, and it was low.

So I think my calcium is jumping up and down, but getting a little to high at the end.

Any ideas on what could be causing this?

symptons: tired, headaches, fast heart rate and high BP at times on and off.
Request the Parathyroid Hormone blood test (PTH) and the ionozed and serum calcium tests. My doc ordered the tests weekly for three weeks. I don't know if you have parathyroid disease, but these tests are good indicators.

With parathyroid disease, calcium will jump up and down as the faulty parathryoid struggles to regulate calcium. We have four parathryoids, two next to each thyroid lobe. They are not related to the thryoid, other than they are neighbors. Their job is to regulate calcium. When one goes bad, it ***** calcium out of the bones and dumps it in the bloodstream causing fast heart rate, hight BP, headache, heartburn, GERD, constipation, fatigue, kidney stones, bone pain and eventually ospeoperosis if untreated. The only cure for this disease is surgery.

If I had parathryoid disease, the only surgeon I would trust would be Dr. Norman in Tampa. His incision is less than an inch. You are home that evening having dinner with your family.

Here's his website: www.parathyroid.com

:) Tamra
OMG, the word S U C K S was censored. I wasn't using it in a bad way. Geez.

:) Tamra
One more thing. I know so much about parathyroid disease because that's what the endo thought I had. I had three slightly high calcium levels and two slightly high parathyroid levels. It turns out, those levels were reacting to my low Vitamin D caused by thyroid disease. Before you request a consultation with a parathyroid surgeon, make sure your thyroid levels are tested to rule out thryoid disease.

TSH
FT3
FT4
For antibodies that cause thyroid disease get the TGab and TPOab blood tests

And get your vitamin D tested as well.

:) Tamra