Fasting Glucose test after effects?
Any insight would be appreciated! I tried looking this up all over the web and found nothing! Hoping anyone here can shed some light?
Had to do a 2 hour fasting glucose today. Felt fine the whole 2 hours. About 4 hours later though, I was sitting in the exam room and suddenly felt faint, had really bad shakes and broke out in a sweat. Doctor told me to go over to the cafe and get something to eat - he didn't seem too concerned. Well, cafe was closed but since I was only 10 minutes from home I drove straight home and had a few pieces of salami and some colby jack and shortly after some dinner. I feel terrible! My legs don't seem to want to work right and I feel off - like my reactions and my brain are out of sync.
Is this normal? Should I be concerned? (I had to do a glucose test 16 years ago during a pregnancy and don't remember feeling this bad.)
Forgot to mention that I did have 1/2 a starbucks mocha between the labs and doctor visit and that I also have a mild headache.
Coffee is really hard on the body when fasting. It can make you feel really yucky and shakey. Also the glucose isn;t the nicest on your body....that's a lot on your body really. Just rest tonight and take it easy and I hope you feel better tomorrow. :)