Thyroid Disorders Community
Fibromyalgia or something else?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Fibromyalgia or something else?

I have fibromyalgia, I was dx'ed at 28 and am now 31.  My symptoms are pretty classic, IBS, neck pain, hip pain, occasional swelling, etc. (magnesium, cymbalta, lyrica, yaz).  I also have vulvar vestibuluitis (with 2 unsuccessful tissue excisions), a microadenoma on the pituitary gland (with slightly increased prolactin level), family history of severe juvenile rheumatoid arthritis, maternal hx of hypothyroidism, very low levels of IGA, and IBS.  I found some old tests in a drawer that showed my thyroid antibody level at 135.  Am I missing something?  I think I need to go back to the endocrine and get my labs repeated and get the tumor checked, it's been 4 years, shame on me!!
Which antibody was high? I went to a dr. and he diagnosed me with fibromyalgia and it was BS! I am 31 female and it turned out I was low on Vitamin D and Ferritin (iron storage) which caused nerve pain, shooting pains, muscle pain, head pressure and hypothyroid caused the muscle pains in hands & feet. Don't fall for the fibromyalgia dx!!! It takes time figuring out what the real problems are and in the mean time they just label it something else!
Same here...a Doctor tried to tell me I had Fibro and it turned out I was Hypo and had fluid in the hip joint.
I too was low on Vitamin D and B12.
The first sign of my levels going out of whack are aches and pains and some have been nasty pains in the past.
Unless you have been blood tested for Fibromyalgia, then dont accept the diagnosis.
You also have low levels of IGA which means your immune system is low and you may have anaemia.
IGA is also an Autoimmune Disease too.
Get a 2nd opinion.