Follicular Lesion?
I had the left side of my thyroid removed in 2006 due to 2 large nodules (4cmx3cm). The next day, they discovered it was encapsulated papillary cancer. I was put on Levoxyl. Fast forward 10 months, I had an ultrasound and they discovered a 5cmx5cm mass on my left side. The FNA report stated it was a follicular lesion. The endo's nurse said not to worry and they would see me in 6 months... I can feel this pressing on my trachea and my vocal cords.
Is a lesion like an adenoma? Does this sound like a reasonable treatment? From what I've read, they can't distinguish between benign follicular cells and cancerous ones. Should I ask that it be removed?  
Hi, I had a follicular adenoma removed last year. They decided to remove it because they couldn't tell from the FNA if it was benign or malignant. It took roughly 4 months from having the ultrasound and FNA to having the nodule removed. Haven't heard of a follicular lesion before but I'm not a doctor. I know how worried you must be and having to wait 6 months seems a long time to wait and spending worrying. My thyroid became underactive after the op and they put me on Thyroxine (100mcg) a month after the op.
I've had lots of problems since but really don't know if that's down to the thyroid or my other health problems or maybe it's a mixture. All the best and I wish you well.
I had a FNA and it came back suspicious follicular lesion.  The ENT didn't even review the findings, said he was a surgeon and it was nothing.  He set up another thyroid ultrasound in four months.  This was a good answer to me, since I didn't wish to have surgery, but it threw me by not getting information to explain my choices and why.  15 to 20 per cent cancer risk is low, right?

I have a follicular adenoma and was told after just a scan that its benign, don't worry.  After reading up about it I also found a lot of reference to the 15 to 20 percent chance of it being a carcinoma.  To me that means 1,5 out of 10 or 2/10 with sounds pretty high.  

I got a second opinion and will have it removed in August.  

What happened to you, distrustful?

Regards