Thyroid Disorders Community
Front neck pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Front neck pain

I have had shooting pain on both sides of my neck in the front lower section.....I of course over react as I know the two large veins are also there and sometimes get cramps and twitiching in that area. Is that common on thyroid problems? I also strangely enough have had that smell of smoke before thought it wa very strange.....I believe these pains in my neck are causing some serious anxiety in me and have a complete blood work and physical next week and will know for sure....I just want to know if anyone has ever had those types of pains in the front lower part both right and left of their neck??? Back of my neck always cracks and can pop it just by turning left and right but I am mostly concerned with the front neck pain.....Any response or information would be greatly appreciated!!!
Many people on this forum can tell you  of the same symptoms.  Just hang in there til you get your labs done.  You might want to see a chiropractor in the meantime for the neck popping.  I am not sure about that, but I doubt if it is related to the thyroid.  Good luck.
I appreciate the kind words I know the neck pain in the back is due to horrible posture and alot of tension....Anxiety has crept in and is having a horrible effect as well....I am trying to just let it go but it is tough with no answers and the more you think about it the worse it gets...Just learned my father had his oeft side removed when he was in mid 20's so there is a history of thyroid problem....Thanks again for the quick response I really appreciate it....
If you find out from your labs that you do have a thyroid problem, it is not unusual to ask for anxiety meds.  They really help.  I know.  Keep in touch.