H1N1
I was wondering if any of you hypothyroid patients have contracted the flu.  If so, can you tell me if you think that it affected your thyroid.  I have the flu, and it also seems like it is affecting my thyroid.  Any feedback would be helpful. Thank you.
I am a Hashi hypo. I believe my Hashi makes my colds worse, not the other way around. My immunity is weakened right now due to my high antibodies. Getting rid of a cold is a pain in the butt.

I don't know in what way your cold is affecting your thyroid? Are you a Hashi? Do you have a goiter???

:) Tamra
I am also hypo/Hashi -------- I hardly ever get a cold or the flu -- I think it's been at least 3 years since I've had one - that was before I was even dx'd.  

I'm sure that the flu would affect your thyroid because it's very stressful and stress tends to have an adverse affect.  

I hope you get to feeling better real soon.  
I am post RAI for hyper/Graves and I went HYPER when I had the flu.
Thyroid will effect the immune system and weaken it. A person with hypothyroidism must maintain a proper balance to keep the immune system strong to fight any virus - flu or cold.