Thyroid Disorders Community
H1N1

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

H1N1

I was wondering if any of you hypothyroid patients have contracted the flu.  If so, can you tell me if you think that it affected your thyroid.  I have the flu, and it also seems like it is affecting my thyroid.  Any feedback would be helpful. Thank you.
I am a Hashi hypo. I believe my Hashi makes my colds worse, not the other way around. My immunity is weakened right now due to my high antibodies. Getting rid of a cold is a pain in the butt.

I don't know in what way your cold is affecting your thyroid? Are you a Hashi? Do you have a goiter???

:) Tamra
I am also hypo/Hashi -------- I hardly ever get a cold or the flu -- I think it's been at least 3 years since I've had one - that was before I was even dx'd.  

I'm sure that the flu would affect your thyroid because it's very stressful and stress tends to have an adverse affect.  

I hope you get to feeling better real soon.  
I am post RAI for hyper/Graves and I went HYPER when I had the flu.
Thyroid will effect the immune system and weaken it. A person with hypothyroidism must maintain a proper balance to keep the immune system strong to fight any virus - flu or cold.