Hashimotos Thyroiditis
10 years ago when I was 40 I developed Hashimoto's Thyroiditis.  I took Levoxyl 0.1mg.  I gradually increased to .25 mg before the itch went away.  This took months.  I weaned back down to 0.1mg as a maintenance.  2 years later I decided to wean off the medicine.  The itch came back, took levoxyl again. This time it took .35mg before the itch subsided.  A few years later, same story.  I have been on a maintenance dose of .05mg for the last 5 years.  Should I continue to take levoxyl? I didn't know if I need to be on a maintenance dose the rest of my life or if the problem ever subsides.  As long as I take the .05mg I am itch free.  

This discussion is related to Hives and Hashimotos.
I have hashimotos too, and my Endo told me that for the rest of my life i will have to take synthroid, hashimotos is a life long thing as far as the endo explaind to me and for what i have found out here, hope you get the info you need, patty.
Hi Maggie...I realized I had Hashimoto's close to my 40th birthday. It would have been discovered sooner had my OBGYN put two and two together. I was low/normal (which he didn't tell me. He just told me I was normal. I found out years later when I asked another doctor to look at my file and tell me exactly what it said). Anyway, when I was younger I started having problems with my cycle at 27 years old. Some years later, when I wanted to go to sleep during my breaks at work, I knew that there was something wrong. One month before my wedding, I found out I had this illness.

I finally found a doctor who let me try Armor Thyroid. Then she retired and my new doctor allowed me to keep using it...woohoo!  I do feel very good on it. I noticed in another part of this forum that some people with Hashimoto's get hives. I do get them, but not as often as many people. Perhaps it's because I use a lot of wheat grass, alfalfa grass/super food type products and intestinal detoxing once a season that I don't get them as often. I honestly don't know if these regimens help. I just know I don't get them as often as some Hashimoto patients. I also have been doing EFT..."Emotional "Freedom Training". I really don't know how much it's helping the Hashi either. But my doctor did have to lower my dosage of thyroid meds recently since using EFT which lowering my dosage is not a normal thing for me. For the past 15 years , the meds have kept going up ever so slightly, not down. So this is very unusual. Also, EFT has helped joint pain from wheat allergies. I have exchanged notes so to speak with others in our boat and it seems a lot of Hashimoto's patients seem to be wheat sensitive or have celiac disease. Maggie, are you wheat sensitive?  I keep believing there is a way to cure my thyroid. I don't care what doctors say. I'll never give up believing I can beat this thing. When using  EFT in conjunction with a chronic illness, you have to get to core issues since childhood and on into adulthood and keep tapping on things that come up. Many doctors think that around 85% of chronic illnesses or diseases are from emotional issues. If you Google "EFT and pain+YouTube"....or "EFT and weight loss+YouTube", you will find some helpful vides on how to tap. I mentioned the weight loss one because many of us with Hashi's have weight loss problems.

Kindest Regards,
Isabeau
(Yes, it's an unusual name. I wanted a username in which I wouldn't have to put numbers and letters after it.
HAshi is auto immune and it is known as incurable - I do belive however too that if you can't cure it you can put it in remission - maybe life long if you balance as Isabeau says.

There are so many issues why auto immune hits some poeple and it becomes a blessing to find out and move to better health with learning how to control this.

EFT is so important and I also see BRT (Body restoration Tech) also a positve beginning to helping.

Life long education is se essential here and learning the way to live a quality life is important. If I was 20 again - I would definately do things different. Stress is evil and totally messes us up. Balance is key.