Thyroid Disorders Community
High TSH and low vD

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

High TSH and low vD

hello, please I need a help I'm not that great in medical vocabulary but I will try my best to explain my situation. In my relatives they got thyroid even mom few months ago she had surgery and she got removed them all and now she has hypothyroidism, I used to take blood tests many times and my thyroid was most of the times ok or in the borders.. 1 month ago I was feeling stressed out so much and i lost weight so much I was nervous because of my study a lot, suddenly I decided to take another blood test..I didn't check my T3 and T4 but the TSH was so high and vitamin D was so low and the other test on calcium and  hemoglobin and many were normal. This is really weird because how can the TSH comes up suddenly? Doctor told me that i'm fine and nothing wrong with me, doctors in here aren't they that serious at all and low educated, when I went back home I bought vitamin D200 to make it high again but I still have the signs of bad headache, insomnia, dry skin, warm body, depression, loosing weight and usually I don't like sweet things so much but i have one month that my body shakes for sugar I don't love it but I must eat it because that what brain tells me, my blood sugar test was good too so no dietetics and no migraine I thought that I have infection in my thyroid and that what it made my tsh high but later I thought about that maybe because the low vitamin D that stress caused is the reason that made my tsh high, and high tsh means hypothyroid and my signs are for hyperthyroid, I have throat ganglion for one week now and i face hard moments in breathing.. the ganglion is not in the thyroid that we think it's infection no, the ganglion are in the two side upper of the thyroid like the tooth infection or something, I took augmantine last week but it didn't help me at all.

Please I really need help :((
Tags: High TSH
Please post your latest TSH result.  TSH is variable and can fluctuate for a variety of reasons.

Most of your symptoms do not match hypothyroidism.  Weight loss is more prevalent with hyperthyroidism, as is the headache, feeling warm, etc.  

Weight loss is also common with diabetes, so you should get that checked again.  When your body starts shaking and you must eat sugar, that indicates hypoglycemia, so it sounds like you're on a roller coaster....... you eat sugar, blood sugar spikes, then drops, so you must eat sugar again.  I'm very surprised you are losing weight.

You need also to get your FT3 and FT4 tested.  Those are the actual thyroid hormones and will tell whether you are hypo or hyper.
Thank you for your reply dear..

My TSH result last time on 27/03 was 7.39 mIU/L, And yeah about my symptoms are most for hyperthyroid this is why I was wondering how can my TSH high (hypo) and my symptoms are different..
for my blood sugar I checked Glucose and it was 4.6 mmol/L

If my body is asking for energy more to move, then one month before I was in malaysia and I walk so much in there more than 4km everyday and I used to eat normal sugar and now I'm in vacation and I'm resting at home so I didn't spend that power to need sugar so much.. My grandma used to have low blood sugar but not that serious one and we don't have diabetes disease in family.

Monday I will do other blood test, what should I check except FT3 and FT4?
Is Glucose not enough?

With the FT3 and FT4, you also need another TSH.  Some people function better with a higher TSH, which is why you need to know the actual thyroid hormone levels.  

You should also get actual insulin levels tested, if you can.  This should be drawn during a period of hypoglycemia (low blood sugar).  If insulin is detectable, the indication is insulin resistance, which means your body is producing insulin, but using it.  Talk to your doctor about this.  

Insulin resistance is generally, but not always associated with weight gain, even though type I diabetes is associated with weight loss.  You don't have to have diabetes in the family to have it.