Inability to sweat
I have Hashimoto's and was wondering if this could affect your ability to sweat?  I am SUPPOSE to be cold all the time according to my doctor and while yes I have very small periods of being cold, I suffer mainly from being soooooooo HOT!  I also cannont sweat! When I get really hot it takes me hours to cool down. Why is this?  Will this get better when I am stabalized?
Bumping :-)
Hi Dani,

I don't have a good answer for you but I have the similar problems..

I'm not sure of the relation either, but I have Hashi's and went through menopause early due to Hashi's...so half the time I am COLD and then all the sudden I will be having hot flashes and can't stand the heat. It is so frustrating!!  I used to sweat when working out, exercise, etc. but over the last year I realized I don't sweat anymore either, even when I'm working out hard and my HR is up. Strange...although I can cool down ok. I had a total thyroidectomy 4 weeks ago and feel good energy wise, still waiting to draw my thyroid labs, don't know if  this will change anything. Did you talk to your doctor about it?

Sandra

I keep forgetting to mention the sweating issue to my endo because I am having so many problems!  My endo does feel however that since my thyroid has gone untreated for soooooo long it may have caused early perimenopause!  So here's my take on it all.  My thyroid isn't functioning properly and will eventually die, so why not take it out?  If I am in perimenopause and have no plans for futrure children (I have 4 and had  tubal) why not take it out?  But will they NO!!!!!!!  My family doctor told me that there is no way that you could have given birth to 4 children and not sweat during labor, ummm......... yep I did!