Thyroid Disorders Community
Libk between Levothyroxine , High Blood Pressure and Migraines
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Libk between Levothyroxine , High Blood Pressure and Migraines

My mother was put on Levothyroxine several years ago..and it was controlling her Hypothyroidism well. Just last year her Dr double her dosage because Mom's numbers had increased some (like I said SOME). Instead of gradually increasing it gradually...Long story short, My mother has developed high systolic blood pressure (the other number is in normal range) and has very frequent Migraines. The doctor put her on a betta blocker which has done nothing for her. My mother has talked to her Dr about it, the Dr has lowered her dosage some, but I still have a feeling there is a connection. My mother had also complained about feeling on edge or like she couldn't sit still. She has always been a very active person, never been over-weight and I am wondering if, at 118# her dosage is just too high. Would like to know what others think??? She has gone thru many tests lately to rule out other things and the Dr is still perplexed.
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Everyone reacts different to medication. I was on Levothlyroxine for over 17yrs without any issues or side effects. However I think it stopped working for me and my Endo swithced me over to Synthroid. I have been on it for over a year now and as of now, no issues.

Maybe being hypo (you stated her numbers had increased, I am assuming TSH) is what is causing the HBP. But difintely keep an eye on that...
Blank
How about posting her thyroid related test results and their reference ranges shown on the lab report?  Also, what was the dosage she started with and then doubled?  Also current dosage.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Thyroid Disorders Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...