Questions from ultrasound.
I had an ultrasound done about 2 and a half weeks ago now, which showed a 1.1cm nodule on the right lobe of my thyroid (I've had the left lobe removed & I've also had a bit off the bottom of the right lobe removed because of large nodules).  The dr originally suggested I get a repeat ultrasound the beginning of august but decided to bring it forward so that I can get my blood test results and ultrasound results at the same appt on august 4th.  

I picked up the ultrasound results this afternoon and read the report (as I'm sure many people do - they are my results afterall!!!).  The last ultrasound nearly 3 weeks back showed just the one nodule measuring 1.1cm, now, in this ultrasound I have 2 nodules.  The bigger one is still 1.1cm it hasnt changed in the past 3 weeks and I have a new one measuring 4mm.  

The report says there is no blood flow to either of the nodules - Is this a good thing?????

Also, the lady doing the scan said to me while I was having it done that it looked as though there was a little bit of inflammation, and the report says my right lobe measures 42 x 16 x 16mm, how big should it be (remembering the bottom bit has been removed)???

Thanks! :)
Oh yeah, another question.  Does anyone know if either of these nodules or the slight inflammation could be causing my levels to be off??

In my last labs, my free T4 was pretty much right at the bottom of the range but free T3 was almost very top of the range!  

Doctor isnt sure why free T3 is so high while free T4 is so low...Dr decided that was what was causing my palps every time we tried to increase t4 med but isnt sure why it's happening, he said if I was hypo technically both should be low because the thyroid isnt functioning properly.  
The high T3 can be from inflammation and is usually referred to as thyroiditis or T3 Toxycosis.
The nodules CAN 'dump' thyroid hormone Nat and cause them to be unstable xxx
No blood flow to either indicates benign nodules, cancer needs a blood supply.  Keep watching them, sounds like eventually you will lose the rest of your thyroid, but we can live just fine on synthetic hormone, it is just a bit of a bummer to have to take it every day.  
Thanks for all the info!!  I think I might do some research of my own before my drs appt so that I at least have an idea of what is going on and what should be done.  

I'm glad no blood supply is a good thing - thats a relief!!!  
I think maybe because of the unstable levels all the time Nat...that he will suggest the rest of the thyroid to be removed.
Start researching on that and if it is recommended, it wont come as such a shock to the system.
Hugs xxx