Synthroid
I am to start taking 0.25 mg of synthroid for hypothyroid.  Are there any symptoms I should be aware of so I'll know it is the meds and not something else.  Also, will I see a decrease in my weight as I have been dieting like crazy and exercising and still gaining weight.  Thanks for your help.  
The instructions that comes with your prescription, will tell you what to do and not to do and what the symptoms to watch for.

Weight is as personal issue per how our system/genes, reacts.  Synthroid is the replacement hormone that you once were getting naturally that your thyroid is no longer producing. Expect the same weight issue as before synthroid and/or what weight issues will come to you in the future per other situations.  

Thyroid hormone supplements are not diet pills nor meant for weight loss.
Thanks for your response.   I understand that the meds are not for weight loss.  I have gained 10 pounds plus since my thyroid went into hypo mode.  Before that, I was the same weight for 20 years give or take a few pounds here and there that would come off in a day or two.  Believe me, I want this med to make me feel better.  
I was just told today that I have Hypothyroid and I'm only 25...Who know since when I've had it... Do you experience hairloss?  I've been noticing my hair is thinning alot...Just want to know if this is a sympton of Hypothyroid, and will it stop...
From what I understand hair loss is a definite symptom of hypothyroid.  It can be from other things as well but since you have been told you are hypo, then I would say yes for sure.  
I had Hashimoto Disease with Hypothyroidism I have issues with bloodwork and the way doctors feel what they feel are "normal" levels.  I was diagnosed 7 years ago with Hashimoto Disease and was placed on Synthroid I think I had every single symptom of hypothyroidism and regardless of what the doctor said after reviewing my bloodwork, and stating that my levels were "normal" my symptoms did not confer with the bloodwork findings.  I do not believe that endos should go by numbers for thyroid levels, I do not believe that everyone who has thyroid problems and gets blood work done should go into a "pool" as to what is a "normal" level for them may not be a "normal" level for you.  I was a fine example of that my bloodwork would come back normal and I still felt every symptom of hypothyroidism and one of my endos would say to me "like I always told you Lori, you are my text book patient".  That is not a good enough answer for me.  Us as patient need to stand up for ourselves and push the issues to our endos that even though the bloodwork is normal a doctor needs to do more for us then just let it go because of the bloodwork.  Us as human beings know our body and doctors need to listen a bit more to us.
I too, gained weight - almost 20 lbs before I was diagnosed.  The only way I could lose it was to take my Synthroid  and go on a low carb diet.  I am now back down (or within a few pounds anyway) of my regular weight.  I found that being on Synthroid in itself only allowed me to lose weight if I was actively dieting - the weight I gained becoming hypo did not correct itself only because I took the medicine - which was what I hoped it would do.  I will add I was REALLY hypo - with a 63 TSH!  Good luck to you!