That excruciating ear pain.
As I am in between tests (the FNA is next Wed) and doctors visits, I find myself at a loss for help with the ear pain.  In speaking with the physicians, they don't believe it is related and that symptom seems to be set aside.  Thankfully, it isn't all the time, but seems to ebb then hit harder.  I've tried aspirin, tylenol, motrin, benadryl, hot compresses, ear drops.  It is excruciating.  
I AM anxious about the steadily enlarging of the thyroid that is occuring.  Now, when I swallow, everyone around me can hear it.  

Are your teeth ok?  Lower molars can cause ear pain .. when I had the 2 root canals done right b4 surgery, they took x-rays of the lower teeth even though I had no symptoms to be certain there was nothing askew causing the ear pain.  My ear pain was from sinus drip.

C~
Sometimes my sinuses can cause what seems to be ear pain.
It is not unusal to have ear pain in certain types of thyroid disorder and normally to the jaw as well. This pain can be confused with a whole host of other diseases including temporomandibular joint problems (commonly referred to as TMJ), ear infections or even Strept throat. Sometimes only one lobe of the thyroid is affected causing pain and swelling on just one side of the neck instead of both.

Hope this helps!
  I too had incredible ear pain , lots of fluid, ringing, increase in backround noise, and almost what seemed as a loss of hearing. My endo & surgeon both said surgery would do nothing for my ears! I am here to say that after the fluid finally drained & the canals dried out( 4wks after surgery) I can now here normal! I still have some occasional ringing but nothing compared to before surgery.
My endo & surgeon also both told me that my cognitive issues were unrelated and again I am here to say they were wrong again! I think they were just being cautious and who can blame them!

Being able to hear normally and having a brain YIPPEE!

How was your nukeing?  I know its been almost a week now.  Anything to tell us?  I may be on my way that route and would like to know what your experience was.  I will not see my endo until 06 Feb.  I have been feeling pretty much fine with the TH dosage I was put on after surgery (100mg) by my surgeon.  

Have a great day!

Happy Times
Scott
Hello, you mentioned that it is that unusual to have ear pain with certain types of Thyroid conditions, I was recently dx with Hashimotos and have been experiencing severe ear pain for three months it started as a ear infection and once that was resolved the pain never went away. I have not seen an Endo yet but will next week, I have a worthless primary care physician who is convinced its TMJ but I also feel very I'll and have swollen glands in throat and under my arms that is not TMJ. Is there a resource you know of that mentions this specifically and do most endos
agree? Thank you.