Thyroid Disorders Community
Those of us on Armour and working on dosages and increases

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Viewing 201-210 comments:
Yes unfortunately ignorance is bliss with drs.....unfortunately there arent a lot of choices in some areas. I was doing some searches on dr in rochester and saw a great one who is an md and bio-identical. I think it was on a thyroid dr search. I will search again and let you know. I am from wayne county.....Newark ....live in ft myers florida now. I  will let you know if I find it.
Okay I found it...I had gotten it for my mom. Her name is Dr. Mary Wise, she is family medicine, alternative medicine, traditional and holistic. Her website is www.drmarywise.com, which explains her whole practice. She is located at 1654 Monroe Ave...phone# 585-256-1967. She sounds wonderful....not too many good docs up there in that area who expand out to alternative. Let me know how it goes if you call and go to her. She treats difficult thyroid issues.  :)
I think I have also come across that name. Well it's worth a phone call anyways. just moved to wayne county, official 315-er now. Thanks for the number, I am going to check her out now.  
Oh my....I was born a 315er and we have always used that term...LOL  Okay spill it, what town? There aren't any worthy docs in wayne county that specialize in thyroid. I think I may have seen one name in palmyra....I would be driving to the city!
Once you get your thyroid straightened out any anxiety and panic issues should lessen.
Thyroid issues are not an over night fix though.
Please excuse me if I'm slow and missed something, but are you talking about Michigan?  
If you are, then there is definitely not a good doctor in Palmyra.  I live about 11 miles from there.  I have heard of one in Lambertville/Temperance down near the Ohio line.
No we are talking about new york....the rochester area.  :)  :)
Whew!  That's good news!  Then there probably is a good one in Palmyra!
Thanks for the information regarding what to do with a cold.  It seems that my cold has passed along now, so I have written down the information for future use.  I do plan to go and find the Neti Pot and try it to see what happens.  Has anyone taken cough medicine?  The pharmicist said that Robitussin DM is okay, but when I took one dose of it, my achy pains across my back were worse.  Seems weird because there is no warning for thyroid on the label.  Has anyone else had any weird reaction to cough medicine?  It may be just because I'm not on my optimum dose yet--not sure.  

Laura--how did your doctor appointment and blood work go?  Did you increase your dose yet?  I'm a little bit behind you and I'm going in on Friday morning for my blood work.  I'm sure I won't hear from my endo until next week.  I have to say that I'm a bit nervous to increase the dose again, not looking forward to the first week with possible raciness and anxiety!!  But--if it will get me better--then so be it!!!  Also, I'm in the middle of trying to pack up this house so we can move.  Yikes!!  Too much going on!

Peggy64:

How are you doing on Armour now?  How long has it been and do you feel that your body is starting to adjust more??
Hi there! I went on friday for my bloodwork...been crashed in bed for 2 days very sick feeling! Either it is from not enough meds or a hashi attack. She also tested my reverse T3 to see if i am pooling my meds. I have never had any effects of armour increase...only when i use to increase my synthroid.
Yes i have had reactions to over counter meds...dont touch any of them anymore because of it. Most do have thyroid disease warnings on them.
Hang in there like i am trying so hard to do! :) :)
What dosage are you up to? I am on 75mgs now. Yes we are about 1 week apart i think. I ended up going 1 week early on thurs. because i was feeling so yucky.

I have just increased yesterday up to 30 mg. Due to my adrenal fatigue issue and trying to avoid another adrenal crash like I had, I have been slow moving.

I am taking Isocort for the adrenals, and that stuff so far is helping me not feel so "anxitated" a cross between agitated and anxiety when I wake up every 1-2 hours. YES that is still going on, but I am hoping that the isocort is going to help with that. I did have one time where I slept for 3 hours, so I was grateful for that.

I have been taking about 4-6 gm of C a day, so I am hoping that will help me not to have to take to much OTC meds. And also zinc. That is good for the immune system.

My left arm tingles so much, I can't figure out what that is unless I need to up the magnesium.

You take care and thanks so much for asking.
Sorry to hear that you have been so sick for the past 2 days!!!  I hope it passes soon!  I am still hanging in there at 105mg of Armour.  I take 75mg in the morning and then 30 mg 4 hours later, which seems to work for me.   I'm looking forward to finding out what my blood work shows next week.  

Not sure what the reverse T3 is for and what does it mean if you are pooling your meds?  

Peggy64:

Sorry to hear that you are still having trouble sleeping!  I have had my moments with that too, but not long term--thank goodness.  
Good to hear that you are going slow with the armour and doing okay.  I think that you will find your dose, in time, and feel a lot better.  I know we all look forward to that day!!

Take care all and I'll be back on when I get my blood test results next week.  

Lori

Okay need an outside view other than mine on these lab results....will give the past 3 testings.

6/10/08     TSH   3.059              range( .350-3.0)
            Free T4  1.37                        (0.61-1.76)
            Free T3   3.5                         (2.3-4.2)

7/2            TSH   2.140
             Free T4  1.16
             Free T3   3.5

8/22          TSH    0.24
             Free T4   1.3
             Free T3   381                        (230-420)
          Reverse T3   26                        (11-32)

Looking at this my T3 level really has not risen that much but my tsh is at a 0.24. My doctor said she would only increase me to 90mgs on weekends and 75 through the week. I still feel like **** and was crashed for the past 4 days and very foggy. What is my problem?!  What do you make of this???
Could my adrenals be holding up progress?  Should I be on more armour?  I am getting dull palps at night when lying in bed maybe 2 times per evening.  I don't think my dr is going to give me any more armour.
Hey Laura - I can't comment on your labs at all, given the fact that I have armour but I have never had an abnormal lab result.  But what I do think is that you could be on to something with the adrenals.  Have they done the testing for that?  

I have been getting the chest feeling that you have mentioned before.  Its like I guess 30 min to 1 hr after I let the morning dose dissolve.  Today I am having pain in the top of my head too.  All of this stops with the taking of the second dose at lunch time.  Also, I have upped my dosage to 3 1/4 grain pills a day (45 mg) and have found that I can only do one pill in the a.m. and 2 at the noon dose and not the other way around.  If I take the two pills in the a.m. I get the chest feeling worse and I guess some anxiety with it.  I am wondering if this is normal or what?  My doc wanted me to take 60 mg.  I just think that is too much at the present and could send me over the edge.  When he gave me the armour, my TSH was 0.74 and my Ft3 was 3.41 (range 2.57 - 4.43).  He was trying to stop the swelling.  It has not stopped :(  but the pain / pressure has a bit.  

Heh Mommie!  Hmmm I wonder what your tsh is now...you aren't exeriencing any hyper feelings?  Hmmm again...LOL   I can't take armour sublingually...it makes me feel like I am on speed bad!  Too much dump at once for me.
My adrenals go up and down. My saliva panel showed back in feb that i was in mid norm and high am cortisol as i have recently had 3 high am cortisol test results. But when i go to my naturopath i always test weak for adrenals. But back when i did the saliva panel i came in low with dhea which is also an adrenal hormone. Maybe that is the one i actually need. I started taking a small 5mg dosage today of dhea to see if it helps. Plus this is my pms week so naturally i always feel like junk! lol
Hopefully stella will step in tonight and take a look. I just think it is odd that my t3 level hasnt changed much. Maybe i need a small amount of cytomel with the armour. It looks to me like i am still not getting enough t3. I test again in 5 weeks.
Did your dr ever check you for autoimmune? Maybe you can add something natural for imflammation like tumeric. I will take a look at natural anti-imflammatories for you.
I do not know why I got no email notices from june until now!?!?!?

Ok my story....found the stopthethyroid site a year ago on a thyroid group on sparkpeople and threatened my doc into letting me try it.  From there went to an endo, another endo and finally a naturopath that I drive an hour and a half to see but am doing better.  Take 400 mg of magnesium a day along with 120 mg selenium, a multi, plant sterols/stanols, garlic, cinnamon, red yeast rice, fish oil, evening primrose oil, b  complexes a couple times a day and a few script meds.  My armour is at 3 grains but lately I'm thinking I either need to remember to always take all of it and on time or it needs upped.  I have one hand that is going into arthritis or something whenever I forget to take the 2nd dose during the day.  So far she doesn't seem to think I need to test my adrenals but I'm not so sure...still not really energetic lately...was doing much more so for awhile and I need to get my act back in gear as we're working on rehabbing a restaurant to open hopefully soon.
Hey Laura!  Thanks for responding.  I have no antibodies (TPOab <10; TGab ,20) and I have consistently had normal TSH (1.040; 0.557; 0.74).  The 1.040 was from the endo that started my Levo treatment. 0.557 was after starting Levo and the 0.74 was before the Armour.  I am just worried I guess b/c I did not have a nodule on US in April and now doc has said at 2 appts that I have one now.  The thing that really gets me is I think I can feel the one he is feeling and I think there is a cyst or another nodule close to it.  (This has come up in the last 5 months - my 6 mo mark is 9/3).  I guess I just have to hope for Hashi with no antibodies (I did have enlarged thyroid with a heterogeneous texture = hashi appearance on US).  I am so tired of my neck feeling tight and uncomfortable and feeling the effects of low thyroid and my TSH being normal.  I guess we will see what he says on 9/2.  I am going in there with the request for a US to check things out.  Waiting is driving me nuts meanwhile b/c I still have swollen or "shotty" glands all over my neck - even some on the back of the neck.  I have also had 2 rounds of antibiotics during this 5, almost 6 month period and I was not sick either time. :(  

Also, do you know if there are adverse effects of taking thyroid medication when all of the blood tests have always been normal.  It could not CAUSE my now nodule(s), could it?

I will say that as a whole I FEEL BETTER than when I was taking the synthroid, my neck swelling is just not subsiding.  I also feel better than when I was not on medication.  Go figure!  I guess I am just worried and confused.
Hi all

I don't know if you are having the same trouble pulling up this thread as I am. It takes forever to load.

It seems so many are looking to get a suggestion on things and I am having trouble sorting the questions and responding. It takes forever for me to load the thread.

Laura - I briefly saw you are having some issues. - but lately I have been really rushed in reading these posts.

Can you PM me? We'll work this through.

Kim - Swelling again. What's going on?  

I know I havn't been on much - I am off work tomorrow so I will take more time tomorrow .

If anyone wants to PM me ( I am answering these quickly) more than board lurking - go ahead. I will do what I can to answer anything I can.
Hi Laura,

Have they tested your pituatary gland? Hope you are feeling better.
Hi Peggy, Yes they tested my pituitary....everything fine there. I had a bad day yesterday. I took a low dose of dhea and had a BAD reaction. Thought i was losing my mind....won't take that again!
This thread is taking to long to load now, so....PLEASE SEE NEW THREAD WITH THE NAME:
" THOSE OF US ON ARMOUR- #2 "
Bump for new people to read.....please post on new thread #2
I just started Armour in the compounded capsule version 6 days ago, as it is unavailable otherwise.  Had a lot of fluxuation at first and still do, but seem to be leveling out a bit now - is this common?  I have never taken any thyroid meds before, and my numbers are "low normal" but i have Fibromyalgia and issues with blood sugar and am now in Perimenopause.  Any advice for the beginner?  Feels a bit like a roller coaster ride!
It seems many are having trouble in the beginning with compound Armour as they did with the new formula....

I didn't give it time to adjust.. My gut just told me it wasn't what I needed after only 2 days of trying it..

maybe I didnt give it enough time.. but thankfully I did extremely well with RLC Naturethroid and now canadian ERFA desiccated thyroid. I am taking ERFA now and loving it.

Fibro is the oneset of low thyroid... Its not a condition - its a symptom of something hormonally going on... The peri is the same.. off kilter hormones... Catching what is happening truly and tweeking the hormones most of the time - removes all these symptoms.

Has anyone taking armour experienced swelling of the hands, feet, or ankles?  I took Synthroid for 12 years and recently my dr changed me to armour. I was hoping it would be my " miracle" but after three weeks of taking it I'm not do sure. I know I have to give it time. I switched from 200 mg of Synthroid to 120 mg of armour. I woul greatly appreciate any words of wisdom.
I took 200 mcg of Synthroid for well over 25 years.  All that time I continued to have lingering hypo symptoms, even though my TSH was about .05 and various doctors tried to tell me I was hyper and should reduce my meds.   After learning about the importance of Free T3 here on the Forum, I got mine tested and confirmed as low in the range.  Convinced my doctor to switch me to Armour Thyroid.  Now my FT3 is 3.9 (range of 2.3 - 4.2) and Free T4 is .84 (range of .60 - 1.50), and I feel best ever.  

When you switched from 200 mcg of Synthroid to 120 mg of Armour, that was not the equivalent amount.  The conversion factor is that 75 mcg of T4 is about the same as 60 mg of NDT.  The correct amount would be 160 mg of Armour.  So I suspect that hypo symptoms, which can include swelling of hands and feet, is likely due to inadequate levels of Free T3 and Free T4.  Many of our members, myself included, report that symptom relief for them required that free T3 was adjusted into the upper third of its range and Free T4 adjusted to around the middle of its range.

Have you even been tested for Free T3 and free T4 (not the same as Total T3 and Total T4)?  If so, please post your test results and their reference ranges shown on the lab report.  If not, then you should request those tests and if the doctor resists, then you should insist on it and don't take no for an answer.  Free T3 is the most important because it largely regulates metabolism and many other body functions.  Scientific studies have shown that Free T3 correlated best with hypo symptoms, while Free T4 and TSH did not correlate.

A good thyroid doctor will treat a hypo patient clinically by testing and adjusting Free T3 and Free T4 as necessary to relieve symptoms without being constrained by resultant TSH levels.  Symptom relief should be all important, not just test results.  You can get some good insight into clinical treatment from this letter written by a good thyroid doctor for patients that he sometimes consults with from a distance.  The letter is sent to the PCP of the patient to help guide treatment.

http://hormonerestoration.com/files/ThyroidPMD.pdf
Hi Stella
If you do have adrenal issues, what is your recommendation for increase with Armour? I'm on 50mcg of Oroxine and quarter grain of Armour.  Do I increase every 4-6 weeks? I'm also adding isocort but not sure if it works.I'm 57 and need thyroid.
Stella hasn't participated in the forum, for some time, so it's unlikely she will respond to your question.  
Would you know the answer to my question as i do have challenged adrenals.
I'm far from being well versed on adrenals, but it's my understanding that once adrenal issues are under control, you should be able to proceed with thyroid hormone replacement.  

Everyone is different and there are no hard and fast rules about increasing; depends on your need and tolerance.

We've had some that increase Armour every couple of weeks, for a while, if they tolerate it, but you should discuss it with your doctor to make sure adrenal function is adequate on medication.  

Please explain what you mean by"when a person crashes".
thank you Barb, I'm starting to feel tired and more so than when I was not on the meds of 50mcg Oroxine and half grain of Armour, I'm taking Isocort and have been for some time.Just wondering if once the t4 build up in system if this might settle down.  I don't know of anyone in Perth who understands adrenals thyroid relation or of there are they that are fully booked with not seeing new patients. One Dr I went to suggested I take Dr Wilsons protocol but it just did not agree with me as this Dr said that if I fixed adrenals then the thyroid would get better.  But I figure I am 57 and have had this problem for awhile so some damage has been done.I have really tried to talk to my Dr and as kind as he is he just sees fix thyroid then adrenals come good as it is on axis???????????I will continue to pray to my Lord in Heaven and read on net. Can't stop as my homocystein levels very high due (i"m sure) to low thyroid which Dr said will get better when I've been on meds for awhile.
Are bad headaches normal when you start armour?  I started 2 wks ago, and now i have headaches.  Skin & hair are better, but fatigue isn't.  Maybe slightly better, but i'm havin real problems with the headaches.
Armor has both T3 and T4. Synthroid has only T4 hormone. Armor more natural. Synthroid is man made entirely.
Can someone help me. I quit smoking Jan 2012 and had a stressful family situation over the past few months. Went to primary for routine & came back with a TSH of 49.36 this is while on 30mg of Armour. Sent to endo dr who bumped me up to 45. I just feel weird. Toooo many symptoms to describe but functioning. I'm due back with primary mid dec and endo end jan. he didn't seem too concerned did reflex test, felt neck said ok. Had MRI on pituitary months ago was ok. Should I be asking for any addl labs? Like adrenals, etc.? I don't want to freak out but I'm concerned. My t3&4 were normal. I heard quitting smoking & stress can raise you tsh. I take a multivitamin and seem to have a reaction to dairy. My b-12 is always low. I'm 39 years young, don't drink or smoke and eat good. 60 pound weight gain since Jan I assumed was from quitting smoking & premenopause that I assumed I was. Can anyone give me suggestions on what to check, take? The information on hypothyroid is overwhelming! My docs are pretty good about meeting my requests as I'm a pretty assertive patient! Thank u all!!!!
Just because your T3 and T4 test results were within the so-called "normal" range does not mean that is adequate for YOU.  The ranges are far too broad to be functional ranges for most hypo patients.  I won't get into all the details of why the ranges are too broad, but suffice to say that many members, myself included, say that symptom relief required Free T3 to be in the upper third of its range and Free T4 to be around the middle of its range.  Free T3 is the most important because it largely regulates metabolism and many other body functions.  Scientific studies have shown that Free F3 correlated best with hypo symptoms, while Free T4 and TSH did not correlate at all.

So, if you will please post those "normal" test results members will be glad to comment on the adequacy of tests and treatment.  
yes it most defintely effects your sleep. tired all day, i mean like your tranquilized when you crash. i crash exactly the same time everyday. i work a 3-11 pm shift and crash at 6:30pm. ive only been at work 3.5 hrs! i have to get outside and get fresh air, run around a bit, to not fall asleep. then when i get home i cant sleep. yes insomnia. i recently started on 60 mgs of armour and .25 mcgs of synthroid. i read dr. arem`s book thryoid solution and he got the best results using this combo. the synthetic synthroid with the Armour. i had a tsh of 5.3 and will get more blood work in a month and will post my results. and be careful of cholesterol, blood pressure, trigs, because a hypo thryoid raises all of these.
your tsh sounds wrong. a high reading is 5.0 plus. anyways , i read Dr, Arems book thryoid solutions and he says combining Synthroid with Armour gets the best results but it takes weeks to effect. ive been on this combo for 2 weeks and i am still exhausted. i get more blood work in a month. as far as vitamins , get a good brand. check the b-12 on the lable if its cyanocobalamin dont get it. this is an inferior b-12 that the majority of manufactures use like one a day and centrum...... Davinci, and Bryan j Richards vitamins are 2 that dont use the inferior b-12 that actually contains cyanide.Thorne is a vitamin company that has a good Basic B supplement that you can take with your regular multi/vitamin/mineral. Amazon should have these items. also avoid soy and raw broccolli,califllower.and have cholesterol, blood pressure, trigs,  checked, because a hypo thryoid does raise these systems. . smoking can damage the thryoid so quitting is the best thing you could have done. the Armour shouldnt be giving you any bad symptoms. make sure its armour from forrrest labs not a otc internet brand. and ask doc to add synthroid( again dont settle for generic) demand synthroid. combine these  and get the best vitamins. good luck!
Taking armour in moring 60mg feel good but by noon wearing out  neck is swelling  Dr. said that does not happen. TSH 1.43 do i need to increase armour
Was curious to get your thoughts about some recent test results I got...

Beginning of the year, my numbers were:
TSH - .878 (range .4-4.5)
T4 - 1.08 (range .8-1.8)
T3 - 2.3 (range: 2.3-4.2)

Because of T3 being so low, my doc felt there was a conversion problem from 4-->3, and put me on 30mg grain Armour which has both T3/4.  I did feel a bit more energy after, but she'd also put me on a boat load of B6 at the same time.  After a few months we retested and the results were really wacky.

TSH - .833
T4 - .81
T3 - 2.9

Given that I was actually taking T4, it was really unexpected to see that number drop.  So, she doubled my dose to 60mg.  And after a couple months, I just got my results:

TSH - .74
T4 - .8
T3 - 2.8

So now ALL of them have dropped!  What the heck!

She thought about potentially switching me over to synthetics because people sometimes do react differently, but decided against it.  For now I'm staying on the same dosage, because she seems to think that something else might be the issue.

Do you have any insight?  
I can think of several possibilities, including that increasing med reduced your TSH and resulted in less natural thyroid hormone being produced by your thyroid gland.  Remember that the serum thyroid hormone levels are the sum of both endogenous and exogenous sources.  Also, although the dose was doubled, the increase was only 30 mg of Armour Thyroid, which is not a large amount.  The 30 mg increase is only 18 mcg of T4,and 4.5 mcg of T3.  

Many hypo patients find that their total serum levels of Free T3 and Free T4 don't start rising until medication is increased enough that TSH is suppressed.  So, if you are still having hypo symptoms, which I would expect that you are from those test results, then you really need to keep increasing slowly until symptoms are relieved.  

Also, since hypo patients are frequently too low in the ranges for Vitamin D, B12, and ferritin, you should have those tested as well.
Hi everyone, I'm new here

Recently diagnosed with Hashimoto's and convinced I have adrenal fatigue, hypoglycemia and hormone imbalance. Overwhelmed with internet research and looking for support.

TSH went from 12.23 (4/13) to 5.61 (5/13) to 4.2 (7/13) on autoimmune protocol

T3, T4, RT3 in normal ranges
TPO Ab went from 355 (5/13) to 421.5 (7/13)

I have headaches and fatigue but my gut feels better on the protocol. Take lots of supplements and have been on 30mg Armour for 5 days. I want to get a saliva test for adrenals and hormones but having financial restraints at this time.
Just because your test results are within the so-called "normal" ranges does not mean they are adequate for you.  The ranges are far too broad.  

Please post your T3, T4, and RT3 results and reference ranges shown on the lab report.
oops, okay - 3 different labs in 3 months.

04/13 Quest: TSH 12.23 (.40-4.5)
05/13 LabCorp: TSH 5.610 (.45-4.5), T3 2.6 (2.0-4.4), T4 1.01 (.82-1.77), RT3 13.8 (9.2-24.1)
TGB 25 (0-40)
TPO 355 (0-34)
07/13 CLS: TSH 4.2 (.36-3.74), T3 3.0 (2.18-3.98), T4 .9 (.76-1.46)
TPO 421.5 (0-9.0)

The one from LabCorp came with a doctor's phone review and he said that since my TSH fluctuated it meant my thyroid was still salvageable. I was encouraged to do the elimination diet - check symptoms and do another lab in 5-6 mo. In the meantime I was "assigned" a reg. doctor who wanted to see if the diet had any impact in the 6 wks. I've been on it.
I have no idea where you doctor would get the idea that your thyroid was still salvageable.  With Hashimoto's, the antithyroid antibodies attack the gland until, after an extended period, the gland no longer produces hormone.  Along the way, as the production of thyroid hormone is diminished, it must be replaced with thyroid meds adequate to relieve hypothyroid symptoms.

Speaking of symptoms, please look at this list of 26 typical hypo symptoms and tell us about any that you have.  Also please explain the protocol you mentioned being on.

http://endocrine-system.emedtv.com/hypothyroidism/hypothyroidism-symptoms-and-signs.html

Just looking at your test results, there is plenty of room to adjust your Free T3 and Free T4 upward to relieve symptoms.  The ranges are far too broad to be functional for everyone.   A good thyroid doctor will treat a hypo patient clinically by testing and adjusting Free T3 and Free T4 as necessary to relieve symptoms, without being constrained by resultant TSH levels.  You can get some good insight into clinical treatment from this letter written by a good thyroid doctor for patients that he sometimes consults with after initial tests and evaluation.  The letter is then sent to the participating doctor of the patient to help guide treatment.  In the letter, please note the statement, "the ultimate criterion for dose adjustment must always be the clinical response of the patient."

I expect that your greatest need is going to be a good thyroid doctor that will treat clinically as described.  One thing further for now.  You might be able to get an idea if your adrenals are really a concern or not by trying the temperature tests outlined in this link.  Maybe that could at least save you the expense of testing.

http://www.drrind.com/therapies/metabolic-temperature-graph
Thanks for the online resources. My symptoms have been headaches, dizziness after bending over, fatigue, brain fog, bloating & gas (but I've never been able to burp and thought it was due to that), dry skin, hoarse voice, thinning outsides of eyebrows, and I've had carpal tunnel in right wrist for years (magnetic bracelet helps).

The Paleo Autoimmune Protocol info. http://www.thepaleomom.com/autoimmunity/the-autoimmune-protocol
I've been eating meat, fats, veggies and a bit of fruit for 7 wks. Drinking only water or iced decaf green tea (okay, I had a cup of Morning Thunder for the caffeine a few times for work). Gut has felt great and I'm not getting so dizzy, but the headaches and fatigue persist.

I'm hoping to get some energy from Armour (6 days). What are your thoughts on dosing increases (I've started with 30mg)?
With T3 meds, they build up in the blood very quickly.  So increasing every 2-3 weeks is okay.  With T4 med, the buildup is much slower, so doctors like to wait for 4-6 weeks before re-testing and increasing dosage, if needed.
Hi, I'm kind of in the same boat, but I've been on Armour since early Nov. Just upped the dose here in late Dec. Still fatigued, with back pain, neckpain, GI issues, hair falling out, dry skin ect...

However! I did read somewhere that you can do a quasi-test for your adrenals at home! Go into a dark room with a mirror and a flashlight. Let your eyes adjust for a minute. Then take the flashlight and shine it at your eye from the *side* (like pointing just forward of your temple).

You iris should constrict with the sudden influx of light. If, however, after 30 seconds (or sooner) it starts getting larger again and trying to constrict repeatedly, you have adrenal fatigue! I forget the mechanisms exactly, something about whatever causes the constriction in the iris tends to be in low supply when you have adrenal fatigue. It's worth looking up!

I hear you on the internet research...there is *so* much info out there. And doctors aren't as versed as we'd like.

And money, ugh, in the same boat there too.

Best wishes! Good luck!!! :D
Viewing 201-210 comments: