Thyroid Disorders Community
Thyroid and Breast Pain??

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Thyroid and Breast Pain??

Hello, I am a 47 yr old female that just recently posted about my thyroid and my doctor (Endo) telling me to go to my Family doctor, even tho my labs (I still dont have the paper in my hand) came back so they say normal. But I dont think they are according to the End's nurse asking me if I need my meds increased. Im not on any type of medicine for anything, now I am taking Advil liquid gels. My one breast all of the sudden became real sore. I do not know why. I have had a partial hysterectomy 2 and half years ago. My OB says that the ovary he left will produce enough hormone and I will be fine. So along with my left side of my thyroid being sore ( I dont have the right side no more due to a nodule) I feel like I swallowed a bouncy ball, I have my breast that is sore. along with my hair really falling out...I am a mess. Just a plain old mess...I have an appointment with my family doctor tomorrow thank god so I can really ask him alot of questions that need answered. Then I mite be making an appointment with my OB. I dont no I just dont know what is happening with me. Im beside myself =(
I've never heard of thyroid issues causing breast pain; I'd be more inclined to say that it has something to do with only having one ovary.  I know, before I had my hysterectomy, I used to get horrible breast pain.  It started out being around the time of my period, then it got to the point where I had it all the time.  I did finally discover that caffeine caused it and when I cut back to decaff coffee it went completely away.  I eventually settled at 1/2 caffeinated and 1/2 decaffeinated coffee and decaff sodas when I drank them.  I still had some pain after my hysterectomy so I stayed on the same 1/2 and 1/2 coffee; that was in 1996 and I still drink the "half caff" today.  

If you drink caffeinated beverages, you might try cutting way back and see if that helps.  

Another thing is that it seems that those of us with fibrocystic breasts tend to have more pain than those who don't have.

You'll also need to get that thyroid hormone test in hand and post those results, with reference ranges.
Hello, Thank you Barb, Im def going to try that with the caffeine, Iv been known to drink alot of coffee in the morn because of my fatigue I have. It does help some =)
I'm going tomorrow to my family doc and talk to him about what is going on, and about what that Endo said. He also has a copy of my lab results, so i will be getting a copy of them from him. Until tomorrow, thank you so much for responding.
I do have fibrocystic breast, everything seems to be hurting me at once, an I feel so awful. =/ thanks again.
I promise I will be posting my labs, as soon as I get them. Have a great night.