Thyroid gland
any clues about thisTHYROID GLAND what sort of threatment it needs and how long will it take?
any reference?
Please
Everyone has a thyroid gland, and there are several different problems that your thyroid can cause.  What sort of problem are you having with yours?  I'd like to try to answer some questions for you, but I need a few more specifics.  What did your doctor tell you was wrong?  If you can't remeber here are some words you might recognize:
Hyperthyroid (too much thyroid)
Hypothyroid (not enough thyroid)
Thyroid nodule
Thyroid carcinoma (Thyroid cancer)
Grave's disease
Goiter (enlarged thyroid)

If you don't know, try telling what some of your symptoms (changes, pain, etc that you have noticed) are.
I was diagnosed with
"suspicious" nodules.  The recommendation was a total removal.  I am not infavor
of removing my thyroid unless absolutely sure it is the right thing to do.
What are some of the after effects?  I can't even get in to see my endocranologist (Sp?)for a month for more info. I was told by the nurse to go to a surgen.  I am thinking I should have a surgical biopsy.  I am been reading about the thyroid on the various websites.   I have too many unanswered questions.
Whatever help you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

JB