Thyroid goitre
In Jan 2008 I had a large lump in my throat appear literally overnight. It looked like I had swallowed a golf ball. Ultrasound showed: Large 4.2x4.2x3.8cm nodule within right lobe of thyroid, complex, with thick septa and soft tissue. no evidence of haemorrhage.
Subsequent biopsy fna conclusion was: NON-DIAGNOSTIC, haemorrhagic cyst contents. findings consistent with haemorrhagic colloid cyst, but nature of underlying cyst lining has not been determined. 25cc of fluid was aspirated.
Repeat ultrasound guided fna in April:  12 ml of blood tinged dark brown fluid aspirated, expect benign results, probably a complicated 'haemorrhaged' colloid cyst. cystic mass measures 46mm today. Cytology:  right thryroid cyst fluid - appearance is consistent with haemorrhagic cyst however not possible to make definitive cytological diagnosis due to absence of follicular epithelium.
Repeat Ultrasound in August - large complex lesion of the right lobe of thyroid. Reduced in size since the exam in Jan 2008, and the ultrasound guided fna April 2008. A new very small nodule of the left lobe of the thyroid is seen.

Blood tests taken in January were TSH 1.31, Free T4 15, Free T3 4.8.  I asked dr about taking antibodies test but he says its not necessary.

Now I have been told to biopsy again to try and get a conclusive result. Everyone tells me its nothing but no-one is willing to say that for sure without the blood test results. It doesn't cause me any discomfort.

What would you suggest at this stage? Also, if biopsy is inconclusive again, what would you suggest? No history of thyroid cancer or goitres but strong fh of breast ca and also have skin ca and stomach ca in family. 42 yo female.

Thank you
898
II can speculate at this point that the cyst can be an aneurism of intrathyroidal blood vessel. Because cyst is recurrent, the PEI injection after aspiration can be administered, and if cyst will shrink After that some tissue from its remnants can be aspirated for biopsy
thank you!