Thyroid Disorders Community
Thyroid nodule and face pain
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Thyroid nodule and face pain

Hello, I am new to this forum and looking for some advice.  4 weeks ago I started feeling not well.  Then 3 weeks ago, I found a lump on the lower left side of my neck and my throat hurt.  Went to urgent care, they did a strep test.  Negative.  I then told the dr. that I was concerned about lump.  Referred me to regular dr.  Regular dr. said thyroid nodule.  Sent for ultrasound.  Ultrasound came back benign.  TSH level, taken in the PM, came back 0.81.  Cat scan of sinus run to rule out sinus infection.  Normal.  Then told by dr. that I am tooo stressed.  Mother's have a way of filling their "stress bucket" in these situations but they would drain and biopsy nodule for "my piece of mind."  Also said I had induced TMJ from my stress.  Went for draining and biopsy of nodule.  95% cystic and 5% more solid but told it should come back normal.  Noted chronic thyroiditis in left side where nodule was.  I can still feel nodule and continue to have TMJ like symptoms - pain in jaw and across sinus area (like a bad sinus infection).  How do I determine if what I have is painful thyroiditis?  I am no more stressed than before other than wanting to strangle dr!
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
549681_tn?1229728099
Hey, we have the same symptoms!  Yes, a thyroid nodule can cause pain in the face.
It is not TMJ, but it feels like it.  Also sinus pain, puffy under one eye, and ear congestion.
I wish I could give you a solution. I've trying to learn to live with it.
Blank
Thank you for responding.  Since this time, I went to see a different nurse practitioner.  Didn't realize that she "really respected" the previous doctor but agreed to run a T3 and T4 test and prescribed Flonaze (sp?) for my face pain.  Said my pain I still feel in my throat occasionally could be "psychological."  My T3 came back normal.  My T4 came back in the very low but "normal" range.  I called back and requested to see an endocrinologist.  They questioned why when all came back normal.  Not sure what else to do.  I still feel terrible, my face hurts constantly, and all the doctors are saying stress.  Only stressed because I feel terrible!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Thyroid Disorders Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...