Thyroid Disorders Community
Update on starting Tirosint! Barb are you in too??

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Hi ALL!  I am starting my 6th week of Tirosint.  I have to say that I feel great and no longer have that foggy feeling I use to get about 2 hrs after taking my synthroid.  I will be going in at the end of this week for labs to see how they look.  I feel pretty darn good!  I am working ....going to college full time....raising my daughter....etc....etc!
All I can say is how THANKFUL I am to feel good again!!  
I am on 125 mcg Tirosint and 20 mcg Cytomel.

Barb- How are you doing on this med??
Just as an aside for those not in the know. Tirosint is the generic form of Levothyroxine. (Eutroxsig for us Aussies) It is not available in Australia.(and highly unlikely to be in the near future)  It is a gel capsule of thyroxine T4 only medication.
The company which makes it is touting it as the new breakthrough in T4 replacement.
Read the reviews by many others online, some do well and some don't.

It may be the liquid is absorbed better than the standard crumbly old tablet and this gives better absorption for the patient, leading to an improvement of symptoms.

Laura, glad you are doing so well on it!
Thanks Red! The only correction that I have is that it is not made from generic t4 medicine. It is a brand name in itself like synthroid and Levothyroxine, and without all the fillers that the powder tablets have. It is basically very hypoallergenic.
Product characteristics
• Active substance
– synthetic L-3,3',5,5‘-tetraiodothyronine sodium salt [levothyroxine
(T4) sodium]
• Available strengths
– 12.5, 25, 50, 75, 100, 125 and 150 mcg
• Pharmaceutical form
– soft gel capsules
• Packaging
– 50 and 100 soft capsules
– aluminium/aluminium blisters, dedicated colour for each strength

Hey Laura, this is what I read on Tirosint's PDF for the product. It is still Levothyroxine, just in a different form. (I put this up so the Aussies can have a look!) Be sure nice if we could get it here, might save a lot of hassles we have with only having one type of T4 product, regardless of it's name!

I wasn't trying to imply that it is made from generic Levo. It is still Levo but in a new form, hence the tradename of Tirosent.  It will no doubt work better I think for alot of people as it has no fillers etc as you say.

Sorry for the misunderstanding!
Cheers
Its touted as the "hypo-allergic" form of T4 medication persay.... I think more because is debunks the over used - MCC filler on it that so many other NDT and synthetic T4 meds have in there.
Hi everyone --- Yes, Laura, I'm in too.  I'm on week 3.  

I was on 88 mcg generic levo + 5 mcg generic T3; Aug 18, went to 100 mcg Tirosint + 5 mcg generic T3.  I'm not sure if it's the increase in dosage or the change in med that's making the difference - probably a combination.  

My endo only ordered blood work for 12 and 24 weeks, so I have a ways to go; but if I need to, I'll go to healthcheckusa and order it.  

I didn't have issues with the fillers in levo, but I think the fact that Tirosint is a gelcap, may contribute to better absorption.  

Another thing that I particularly like is that it comes in blister packs of 4 weeks, and is labeled Monday thru Sunday.....you never get confused if you have taken your med or not! lol  

Red- Yes it would be wonderful for you Aussie's if you could get some extra options there too....maybe Tirosint will make its way to you!

Barb- Lets keep this thread going for others to see, so they can learn that there are other new options out there. :)  Glad you are feeling good on it too!

Stella- I agree.  :)
I hope more people will look into Tirosint as an option.  I printed out the documentation on it that I found online and faxed it to my endo ahead of time, so when I went for my appt, he was aware that I wanted to try it.  I think that's what a lot of people will have to do until doctors get used to prescribing it.  
Is Tirosint a T4 only medicine?

Before switching to NT I was on a synthroid/cytomel combo. I had an allergic reaction after a cytomel increased and I lost a lot of hair.

Tirosint could be a back up option if different from synthroid.

Yes, Tirosint is a T4 only med.  I take 100 mcg/day Tirosint, with 5 mcg/day generic T3.  

Hair loss is usually associated with being hypo.
How is it goign on the tirosint, I started it in July, bu tnow seem to be having leg pain, burning, neerve and bad headaches, have you had any of this at all>
Becky
Tirosint is working great for me; my last levels were up considerably from what they had been on either synthroid or generic levo.  I'm beginning to drag a bit, so not sure if that's because I'm working 10 hr days this week or if I need an increase in me....

Can you describe the leg pain, and burning?  I get leg pain when I'm hypo, regardless of the med I'm on.  I get burning, tingling, etc when my B12 levels are too low.  I'm "one of the lucky ones", in that I rarely get headaches, and I doubt yours are caused by the  med, but anything's possible.  

When was the last time you  had blood work done?  Can you post recent thyroid levels (FT3, FT4 and TSH), along with the reference ranges, so we might be able to help you figure out what's going on?

Hi all...I typically to not do message boards but felt compelled to post about Tirosint.  I am almost 1 yr post op from a TT and have been working on my levels this past year.  My endo always had me on synthroid and I was getting better but I did not realize how much better I could feel till I switched to Tirosint 4 weeks ago.  I feel GREAT!!  I googled and search for people taking it before I started and there wasnt much out there so I hope I help someone elses research.  For me...synthroid was good but Tirosint is much better!!  My hair has almost stopped falling out....fogginess is gone and I finally feel like I am getting somewhere with my diet and exercise program.  Just had to share :)
I wonder??

My wife is on Levo where she just started a new dosage of 112mcg per day about 2 weeks ago.

I see this new liquid T4 only comes in 100 and 125mcg.  But with the better absorption, I wonder if the 100 mcg would be worth trying.  At least sometime in the future.

My wife seems to be mostly symptom free so I think she's getting close or may now at the proper sweet spot as far as dosage.  She says she feels pretty good and she certainly doesn't need to sleep like she used to that's for sure!  

But one has to wonder how much better she MIGHT feel if she switched to this new drug.  Or even natural Thyroid?  This what if, or might situation has to be balanced with the fact that she may finally be getting the Levo dosage just right.  So don't want to upset the apple cart.  But if she could feel better, is that something a person should consider?  Afterall a person could always go back to Levo right????
Vicky - I'm happy to hear that you've had such good results with the Tirosint; seems that most people do, however, there are some threads/posts from those who did not.  

I still feel SO much better than I did with either synthroid or levo, but I'm beginning to have symptoms again, which means I probably need an increase, but I think I need the increase in FT3, rather than FT4.  I'm due for blood work next week, so will see how my levels correspond with symptoms - mostly fatigue.  

Flyingfool - Tirosint is a gelcap, rather than a liquid.  Not sure what to tell you about your wife. Sometimes, it's best to leave well enough alone, but that depends on her latest levels, particularly if she is symptom free.

If she decides to try the Tirosint, it might be best to start with 100 mcg, retest in 6 weeks to see where her levels are and what symptoms she has and go from there.  To get 112 mcg, she could alternate 100 mcg with 125 mcg...... averaged over the 2 days, would be 112.5 mcg/day.  I did this with various dosages of levo for some months, when I needed a very slight boost in med, but not to the whole next dosage.

Yes, if she tried the Tirosint and it didn't work, she could always go back to the levo, but depending on how she reacts to it, chances are, she'd have to go through  months of getting back to where she is now.

Depending on what her current levels are, I might suggest trying the Tirosint at 100 mcg for 6 weeks and retest, then depending on her levels (FT3 and FT4) and, most important, symptoms, she might want to look at adding a very small dose (5 mcg/day) of a T3 med (cytomel or generic liiothyronine).  

If she has Hashimoto's, there's a huge chance that she will need her med adjusted periodically for some time, as the more the antibodies attack the thyroid, the less hormones her thyroid will produce, the higher dose of med she will need. I've been at this for 3+ yrs and still adjusting periodically.  

There are a lot of possibilities - maybe it would be good if you could start a separate post with her current blood test results, along with reference ranges, symptoms, etc and we can look at it all, as a whole.  

Thanks Barb I truly feel a lot better!  I will get blood work done in another month to see where I am at.  

Flyingfool-I was on 200mcg of synthroid for 6 days and then 100mcg on Sunday.  My Free T4 and T3's were looking good but I still felt like I wasnt there yet...the sweet spot if you will.  My endo and I discussed Tirosint and I decided to give it a shot.  Because of the better absorbtion she started me at 175mcg everyday.  It has been 4 weeks and I feel great as I stated before :).  Blood work in a month or so to see if all is well.  I do have to purchase 2 boxes a month a 100 and a 75 script for now but my endo said they are going to be expanding there dosage range. At my pharmacy (which is through where I work) I only pay $15 a box.  Also now that I am finally loosing some weight I will most likely have to drop soon anyways....so maybe 1 box of 150mcg a month is in my future :).

Vicky
So far we have been unable to get a FT3 test.  We begged and begged and begged to get the FT3 & FT4.  Test came back as FT4 but TOTAL T3.

It may be possible that the lab used can't test for FT3.  As I've heard that can happen at some labs.  But that doesn't make sense to me if they can test for free T4 then why cant they test for free T3????

The Dr. refused testing for the Hashi's two antibody's.  Dr. said it doesn't make any difference now that she is being treated as the treatment wouldn't change.  Which maybe true to some extent.  But if you find out if she has Hashi's you can ensure testing every 6 months if not every 3 months may be warranted. Whereas without Hashi's maybe once a year would be fine.

I think with her feeling good, I doubt she would be too interested in changing meds.  And I don't blame her.  Just what you don't know if she is missing the ability to possibly feel even better???

I guess it is a grass is always greener type of thing.  When you get to the other side you may find complete heaven.  Or you may get to the other side you find out that it is just a manure field of AstroTurf.

The grass greener on the other side is just how I thought of it.....I was scared I was going to mess everything up and then I'd have to start all over but it worked out for me in the end.

Everybody reacts different to these meds and what works for one may not work for another.  Flying fool I hope your wife has great sucess with her current treatment!!
No. the lab has access to the Free T3. Its the doctor usually that debunks it.

... sometimes you just have to tell them that YOU are the patient paying and YOu want this lab done! - period.

If you not getting the right labs then what's the purpose of anything?

Push for the free or find someone that will run it.

Also Tirosint comes is a large amount of different dosages. What you may be on with Synthroid or Levo - may not be the right dose with Tirosint.

Also if anyone attempts to add T3 meds in.. then the dosages of T4 meds should change too.

If your doctor refuses FT3 test, you can order it online.  I've  had good luck with healthcheckusa, but there are other sites, as well.  With healthcheckusa, you order the test online, they send (via e-mail) a lab order for a reputable lab in your area, you go get the blood drawn - choose the option for the TSH, FT3 and FT4 (cost me $85, which insurance did not cover (yours might), but well worth it).  About 2 days after the blood draw, you are e-mailed the results, followed with a hard copy mailed to you.  You can then take this to your doctor; if he still refuses to consider the FT3 result, it might be time to find a different doctor.

Your doctor is sort of right about the antibody issue - I had (notice I said HAD) a doctor who thought that way too, because a Hashi dx doesn't usually change the treatment, but Hashi can make hypothyroidism harder to control, due to inflammation, etc.  It's advantageous to know what's causing the hypothyroidism.  Refusal to test the antibodies is one more reason to find a different doctor, because that indicates that he may not be well versed in thyroid issues.  

There are things you can do to help, such as some vitamins/minerals, etc.

Stella is right - changing from synthroid or levo to Tirosint, could mean that your dosage would change.  I actually raised mine when I switched, but that's because my levels were way too low to begin with; but, because of the better absorption, I think most people would be better off going to the next lower dose for a few weeks, then retest, going up slowly.

She/we have been struggling to find any Dr in our HMO that our insurance plan will pay for.  This has pissed me off more than any single thing.

Tried to get to see an endo.  The endo clinic said they needed a referral from a PCP.  Got the referral.  Endo wrote a letter back saying they would not see my wife because the PCP is treating her appropriately.  Yet was I think only doing TSH.

We begged, and begged to get the frees and the anti body test and as you see in my post above we got FT4 but TOTAL T3 and refusal to do the antibody tests.

This is absolutely maddening!

All that being said, her current Dr. has been open to continuing to raise her med dosage and my wife seems to be pretty much symptom free.  So in one aspect we are upset, on the other hand she (the Dr.) has treated her to relieve my wife's symptoms.  It would be nice however to know what the Free's are so that we have a baseline as to where my wife feels good.  So that if it is Hashi's or some debilitating thyroid condition where the thyroid continues to be less and less effective, then we at least know where to adjust to get back to where she is today.

Maybe that $85 private lab will be the way to go.  I doubt my insurance would cover that but having the baseline may be worth every penny of that $85.
I will credit your doctor for being willing to treat symptoms, many will only treat labs......

In your situation, I'd highly recommend the $85 test ordered online.  If the FT3 is not where it should be, that would show a reason to either increase med again, or try a low dose of T3 med........

Get the test........... then post the results and reference ranges in a separate thread; we'll try to help you from there.  BTW - have her B12 and vitamin D levels been tested?
My name is Ladydi0denise I  started  tirosint. 11/1 . Ifedl like a new person like my old self. I had Thyroid Ca in 10/10. I was told this new med was great for Ca patients that had surgery . This past yer I have been up and down with the doses.I am on150mgc daily blood work in 8 weeks. I hope this feeling lasts.
Hi LadydiOdenise, good to have you aboard.  

I'm happy to hear that Tirosint seems to be working for you.  What med had you been on prior to the Tirosint?
Do you take the Tirosint and Cytomel together?
I am currently on 112 of synthroid, with an additional 1/2 pill on sundays--- so my endo says roughly 120 average---

I am switching to Tirosint--- she is trying 125--- testing blood in 6-8 weeks.

Current TSH is 1.41  and  FT4 is 1.5

Do you think this will be too high of a dose??

I hope I can figure out a dosage that will work for me.  I really don't want to continue synthroid b/c of the fillers and dyes.  :/
My levels are T3- 54 and T4- 2.4  TSH 139.76  I just started Tirosint 150mcg, tomorrow will be a week.  I have become allergic to all my Thyroid meds synthroid, Armour all of it.  I do feel better I have been on thyroid meds 20 years becoming allergic was upsetting to me it has never been under control at all I just deal with it.  I am sick of feeling bad all the time.  I sure hope this Tirosint will be the pill I needed.

Pam
I just started taking Tirosint after being on Levothroid for many many years.  Only after a few days, I felt totally different.  For the better.  Will wait to see how it is as time goes on, but feeling better than I have in a very long time.  I was on  Levothroid137mcg 2 days in a row and 125mcg on the third day, repeating that pattern. My doctor started me out on the same with Tirosint, however, my very first dose of 137 Tirosint was too much.  I knew that within an hour.  Each day since, I have just taken the 125.  Be aware that you may not be on the same exact dosage amount as you have previously taken.  Good luck to all!  Very Happy on my end!
Can you please let me know if you are you still happy with Tirosint?  I was also on Levothroid 100mcg for many years.  I was upset when they discontinued it considering it took me about a year to get my dosage right. I'm taking Synthroid 100mcg now - since December.  My endo wanted to increase it to 112mcg because he wants my TSH around 1.00 but it's above 2.00.  Within a couple of days of starting the 112mcg dose, I had a bad reaction which may be due to the red dye.  He wants to switch me to Tirosint now because it doesn't have artificial dyes.

I'm hoping for a smooth transition.  
Because Tirosint is so much better absorbed, you may want to start at a lower dose than your previous T4 dosage.  Be sure to test after 6 weeks and make sure your doctor is testing FT3 and FT4, along with TSH.
I am a Levoxyl patient and am being forced to change meds due to the current recall. Curious for updates from the people who have been on Tirosint for a while and if they stayed on it/how it worked for them long-term. My endo is switching me over to Tirosint at my request when my supply of Levoxyl runs out.

Thanks in advance.
I started on Tirosint when it first came out in 2009 and am still on it.  It's working great for me.  We've  had some members who didn't do well on it; sometimes, I suspect it might be because they started at too high a dosage or didn't give it long enough to get used to it.

Because Tirosint is a gel cap and is more completely dissolved and more readily absorbed, some people find that they need a lower dose than they were on with pill type medication.  You might want to talk to your doctor about starting on a lower dose, then bumping up, as needed, to make sure you don't react adversely.

Most of the previous posters on this thread are no longer active with the forum.
I had RAI 4yrs ago and was put on synthroid the endo i had told me not to try anything else being new to this i didnt for 3 yrs then i went on a mission to feel better ,and i have tried ARmour (we didnt get along at all ) so then i went to Nature throid and did better however my t4's drop like crazy so we added synthroid to the mix however i have such swelling in my hands face feet, body  due to synthroid I was taking 50 along with 65 NT  but made me a little hyper so my ?? is should i start with 25 of triosint  ??
What are your current thyroid hormone levels?  You should be getting tested regularly for TSH, Free T3 and Free T4.

Swelling is symptom of hypo, not the Synthroid.

Please post your hormone levels and be sure to include reference ranges, which vary lab to lab and have to come from your own report. That will help us better assess your situation.
Hi Barb and thanks for responding try to make this short about 4yrs ago i had RAI done due to my graves so at that time they put me on synthroid i have always had problems with swelling while taking it so after 3yrs of it i went on a mission to feel better  and i tried Armour not good for me at all  so then i moved on to Nature throid  and the swelling went away but my t4's droped ,so she droped my NT to 65 and a half one along with 25 synthroid  and here are my labs my TSH was 0.164 (range o.450-4.500) and my T4 was 99 (0.82 -1.77) triiodothyonine free serum mine was 6.0 (2.0-4.4) reverse T3 mine 14.3 (9.2- 24.1) and i was not feeling good at all dog dead tierd and my mind was racing like crazy along with my heart . so  at this point im on 65 Nt and 50 synthroid but still feel hyper its been about three weeks since change .Im super sensitive to drugs alittle goes along way for me and i believe the fillers in the synthroid are causing my swelling because on 25 synthroid its not to bad but at 50 and higher im swollen from it . so that is why im checking into Triosint because it has no fillers and i think it may  be a good fit for me . at this point i had to drop down to 25 of synthroid with 65 NT and i feel i need more t4 but not 50.  this can get cazy at times :) but im on a mission to feel good i have had all other female hormones ,cortisol vit d  checked as well and im treating them !   thanks for any input :)
Im super sensitive to most meds .
SO awesome ! I just started taking it today :) Im on a low dose of it along with NT (Nature throid .
I would say if it's NOT broke, don't fix it!  I switched meds because of the Levoxyl recall and my life is a nightmare.  Enjoy feeling okay....don't chance it. Just my two cents.
I have the opportunity to start Tirosint and have been very sick since I started on Synthroid and Levothyroxine.  I am a Levoxyl recall "cast off" and I feel horrible.  The worst is the 24/7 dizziness in my head and I mean 24 hours a day with NO break since the beginning of April.  I am allergic to corn and I am told that these other meds I have tried are loaded with fillers.  I just feel totally whacked out of my mind.  My "levels" were in the acceptable ranges but I feel like I am totally drunk.  My vision is NOT right either.  Anyway, My doc said I could try Tirosint.  I read online about people NOT feeling good on it.. which can be with ANY meds and I don't feel good on this Levothyroxine either.  I read where people are warning do NOT start on the dose you used with Synthroid or Levo because Tirosint is WAY stronger... start at the lowest dose and work up!  My doc sent a script for the same dose that I take now in the Levothyroxine and I am scared to start it!  
What dose did everyone start at when they started Tirosint? Should I go for it?  I feel awful now, but all my symptoms are in my head, haha.. I mean LITERALLY... dizzy, whacked out eyes... lights are too bright, etc.  From the neck down I am great.  I am afraid of heart palps and all that stuff.

Any advice?? Did everyone start out LOW on their dose and work up or did you just start at your "regular" dose that you took on another T4 med?? I'm so scared to start this.. I know that sounds stupid but I can at least function right now.. I don't feel good while I am functioning, but I can work, drive, etc.  HELP!!!
Signed,
Shakin' in my Boots.  
Did you start Tirosint as the regular dose you took in your "old" meds?  I am due to start Tirosint and I am prescribed the 100 , the same as I am in Levothyroxine.  I heard you need to start low, not at your regular dose and I am afraid to even start it! Thanks.
There's no need to be scared of starting the Tirosint.  Tirosint is NOT stronger than other forms of T4 med.  Because it's a gel cap and is easier dissolved and absorbed, some people (not everyone) find that they need a lower dose.  

I actually started at a higher dose than I'd been on.... I had been on 88 mcg levo and started Tirosint at 100 mcg.  It ended up being a bit too much, so I backed down to 88 and added more T3.

If you have a copy of your current labs, please post them, and we'll try to give you more information.  Be sure to include reference ranges, which vary lab to lab and have to come from your own report.
Hi.  I was just looking through my mess of paperwork... and labs I have had done since this whole mess started.  I don't think I have EVER had any T3 test..at least it's not in my copy of labs.  The most recent I have had was back  on May 15. That was during my Synthroid nightmare.  My labs were this:

T4 Free 1.33 with a range of  0.76-1.46
TSH      .37   with a range of 0.36 - 3.74

So WHO knows, my T3 may be non existent for all I know.   Last time I asked her about it she shushed me with her hand and said No.. vee dunt need dat.  (that's her accent).   Okay , now I don't know anything about any of this, but I KNOW from being on here "dat vee DO need dat".  So right there I was like " Okkayy???"  My ENT also said " Nah" when I asked if I need to know that.

WHO are these people?? Don't they teach this in school??? I shouldn't have to go in there with a list of things THEY need to test me for.  
I was diagnosed last year with Hasi's and it's been quite the challenge finding a medication that is good for me. I started on Synthroid then switched to Armor in March. I was taking Armor 60 for 3 months but still was having horrible mood swings etc. Last week my dr put me on Triosint 88.. I can say that my mood swings and attitude have most definitely improved however despite working out 4+ times a week and eating a 1200 calorie a day diet I'm not loosing nor gaining weight. Typically I cheat on the weekends might go up 2lbs or so but drop it within a few days and the only thing that has changed is my medication.. Please help. Does anyone experience weight gain on this med?
I should say that I'm slowing gaining.**
Sorry, I missed your message from the 19th.  This is a very old thread and new posts sometimes get lost in the shuffle.  

Your labs (FT4) from May 15, indicates that you might have been heading toward hyper, since your result was very near the top of the reference range, at 81%....... This is where it would have been nice to have an FT3, because if your FT3 were low, we'd consider that you have a conversion issue, if you still have hypo symptoms.  Without FT3, we simply don't know.

There's a history behind it, but doctors are taught in med school that TSH is the gold standard for diagnosing and treating thyroid conditions.  The idea is that if TSH is high, one is hypo, if TSH is low, one is hyper.  In a perfect world, that's the way it should work.  Unfortunately, we don't live in a perfect world; too many of us don't fit that tidy little mold and doctors simply refuse to admit that what they learned might not be completely accurate.

Yes......"vee DO need dat". LOL   If you can't get either of your current doctors to run it, you should look for a doctor who will; otherwise, you can order it yourself online; only problem is that insurance doesn't cover the tests you order online.  You could go to a site, such as healthcheckusa, order the test.  They send you a lab order and tell you which local lab to go to (usually LabCorp).  You go get the blood draw, then a couple days later, you receive the results, from healthcheckusa.  You can get a TSH, Free T3 and Free T4, for about $85 (they should all be run together).  Sometimes, if you have labs in hand, you can go into your doctor's office and get them to listen, sometimes not.  The problem is that you will have to continue to fight for the right tests.  A doctor who orders them without hassle is much better.
Do you have current labs that you could post, so we can see what your actual thyroid hormone levels are?  Be sure to include reference ranges, since those vary lab to lab and have to be posted with results.

Typically, the weight gain is caused from being hypo, not by the medication.  You might also look into insulin resistance, which is quite prevalent.  Insulin is the hormone that determines how your body handles sugar/simple carbs. Insulin is often called the "fat storage" hormone, because if the cells won't let the sugar in, for energy, insulin shuffles them off to the fat cells. Try eating a low glycemic diet, which is one that contains very little sugar and simple carbs, and lots of protein, vegetables, good fats, etc - things that won't spike the blood sugar.  Even if you don't have insulin resistance, the low glycemic is a good diet to be on.

Your profile says you're male; is that correct?
My TSH is 0.018 - Normal is 0.400 - 4.000
My T3 was normal
My T4 was 1.84 - Normal is .89-1.76

Opps, I just changed that. No I am a female .. 25. other than low sugar oatmeal for breakfast and a piece of whole wheat bread for lunch I don't eat any other carbs. When I overload with carbs or sweets I feel like i'm in a trance and its horrible so I try my best to stay away.

I just called my dr and asked if I can up my triosint to 100mcg from the 88.
With your TSH at 0.018 and T4 (was that Free T4?) at 1.84, which is above the range, I doubt your doctor will give you an increase in med; in fact, s/he will probably want to decrease it.  

Please post the "normal" T3 result, reference range and specify whether it was Free or Total.  Free T3 and Total T3 are not the same tests and don't give us the same information.  I have to wonder if you are having an issue converting the T4 to T3.

There are 2 types of carbs - simple, such as those found in sugar, pastries, white bread, white rice, potatoes, etc. and complex, which are those found in veggies, fruits, whole grains (your oatmeal and whole grain bread would fall in this category).  The complex veggies are the "good" ones........ their fiber doesn't allow them to be broken down quickly, so they don't spike the blood sugar.

Now that we've established your gender, would you mind telling me if you are at an age where you might be close to peri-menopause or menopause, or whether you are younger and might have PCOS?
I just turned 25. I haven't had a period sine 5/17. I first discovered this disease due to a stopping of my menstral cycle.i was told that I had trouble converting my t4 to t3, I now have my labs in front of me and I have them from last month also...

This month
Free t3 4.08 normal is 1.80-4.70 last mth it was 7.78
Free t4 .75 normal is 0.89-1.76 last mth it was 1.63
Tsh 0.182 normal is 0.400-4.000 last mth it was 0.005

I've never been told I had pcos.
It looks like you might have been in a hyper phase last month, with your FT levels very high. You may be cycling between hyper and hypo, which sometimes happens with early stages of Hashimoto's.

When were these tests taken?
"My TSH is 0.018 - Normal is 0.400 - 4.000
My T3 was normal
My T4 was 1.84 - Normal is .89-1.76"

These are the ones you posted originally, but don't match either of those in your last post.

Have you had an ultra sound to determine if you have nodules that may be leaking hormones, independently of the thyroid?  If not, you should.

PCOS is Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome......... it can cause irregular/lack of periods, weight gain and other thyroid like symptoms.  
Yes I do have hasimotos, despite my levels I have hypo symptoms currently. But I sometimes have hyper also. I really hope this medication will help. Yes I've had 2 ultrasounds no nodules are present. The results I initially posted we're from my memory... Upon coming home and looking at the levels clearly I was way off.. Sorry about that.
The posts here have been helpful.  I will be changing to a new thyroid replacement, due to Levoxyl recall; soon, as I am almost out of pills.  

I am sensitive to meds in general.  I have never taken a T3 drug.  Endo was concerned about my anxiety symptoms.  My symptoms have been up and down over the years.  Now, compounded by perimenopause (getting closer to menopause).  Had long bout of Synthroid poisoning (felt near death for months), several years ago.  So...I prefer to avoid escalated anxiety symptoms.

I am thinking of going to TIROSINT.   I have alternated with Levoxyl doses of .137 and .125.  I am anticipating having to suggest a dose to my doctor (local, not Endo), but not sure which one to start on.  Otherwise, I may have to go on a generic.  Not sure yet.

Appreciate suggestions.  

debGardenia7
Anxiety is often a symptom of hypo.  I had it horribly bad when I was hypo.

What do you mean "Synthroid poisoning"?  Were you over medicated?

Of course, I'm not a doctor so I can only make suggestions for you to discuss with your doctor.  

The first thing I recommend is getting tested for TSH, Free T3 and Free T4; that will give an idea of what your actual hormone levels are.  

Many people find that they have to start Tirosint at a lower dose than they were on, with another medication, because it's dissolved and absorbed better than pill type meds.  Since you've been alternating 125 mcg and 137 mcg, and are sensitive to med, you might discuss with your doctor about starting at 100, or maybe even 75 of Tirosint, test TSH, FT3 and FT4, after 5-6 weeks, then adjust based on those results and your symptoms, if any.

If you've had TSH, Free T3 and Free T4 tested recently, please post your results and we might be able to comment further.  Be sure to include reference ranges with your results, since ranges vary lab to lab and have to come from your own report.
I get my labs done in couple days. Will get: TSH, Free T4 & Free T3 (and misc other).  I had total thyroidectomy, so I do not want to any lower dose than have to.  Maybe 112 mcg Tirosint.  Eek!  I hope this goes well!  
Be sure to post your labs when you get them, so we can see where you're at.
I will post my labs in about a week.  Thanks for your replies!  
You're welcome.  Will look forward to seeing your labs; you might like to start a new thread with them, in order to separate from this old thread.  Be sure to post reference ranges, as well, since ranges vary lab to lab and have to come from your own report.