Thyroid Disorders Community
What is a Nodule and Cystic Nodule? I have six...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Hi, just had an ultrasound today, they told me I had nodules on the right and cystic nodules on the left.  What are they, and what is the normal course of action?  And does anyone have breast discharge???
Few issues here, breast discharge can be due to a number of things, One a pituitary gland disorder, relasing prolactin when not pregnant or breast feeding.
Secondly, the report to your doctor will give you the answer you ask for the nodules. It really depends on the report and what they have found. Without that information it is impossible to tell you, sorry. Cystic usually means either fluid filled or solid filled (neither are usually a cancer)

Thirdly, your profile shows you as male and I suggest you change that.
Cheers
That was my surgeon and endo. told me back in 2008 that I had nodules on both sides of my thyroid. After several tests and scans, it appeared I got a 2.2 cm lump on the left lobe and nothing significant on the right. Had a fine needle in early 2009. It was benign. But later I had ultrasound and showed the lump had grown to 2.9 and on the right, there was nodule growing too and had reached to 0.7 cm. I had my left lobe removed and the pathologist said the lump that was originally diagnosed as benign was actually a tumor that contains 2 microscopic papillary cancer. This lead me to decide to have another surgery to remove the right lobe. It was removed last Oct. 3rd and now I'm taking thyroxine (75 mcg) on daily basis. Recovering at home and will be back to work on Oct. 20th.
I hope all the best for you.      
I just got the result of my recent surgery. The right lobe thyroid didn't contain any cancer cells. Neither in the surrounding tissues. In addition, I had a spine X-ray to check if any cancer cell has migrated to the bones. Negative. I hope this information can somehow relieve you of your anxiety.