Thyroid Disorders Community
alternate for armour thyroid in India

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

alternate for armour thyroid in India

i have been diagnosed as having autoimmune thyroid disease, and have been ADVISED to take Armour thyroid 1 grain to begin with, I am living in India and I think this is not available here, can you suggest some alternate medicine that is closest to armour . I am looking for natural thyroid not synthetic ones. pPlease help. also please let me know if I can get armour thyroid from US on Indian prescription / online ???
Armour thyroid may not be widely available, but I have seen it mentioned several times, in information about some doctors in India.  There are several other desiccated type thyroid meds like Armour.  We know them as Nature-Throid and Erfa Thyroid.  Erfa thyroid is available in Canada.  Forum members have reported being able to obtain it from there, with a U. S. doctor's prescription.  Perhaps that will work for you as well.  I'll try to contact a member that has information about the source for obtaining Erfa.  
I checked and obtained from another member, the source through which he is able to obtain Erfa thyroid, which is desiccated T4/T3 med, similar to Armour. I am sending you a PM with a link to the company that provides this service.  I called the company and confirmed that with a valid prescription from a doctor, written in English, they can ship this med direct to you.   Good luck to you.
Hi Gimmel, I am new in India and am running out of my armour could you please share with me as well, your source and procedure of obtaining erfa thyroid.
Sent PM with same info.  Just click on your name and that takes you to personal page.  Then click on messages.  
Hi Gimel, I have been diagnosed to hypothyroid 3 years ago and was on Synth T4 for 3 years with our major help. After further investigation recently, I was said It is Autoimmune hypothyroidism, I am also being advised by my doctor to search for options to get 'Armour'. Please share the process so that I can order this from India. Thanks in Advance. -Sri
Sending a PM with info.  Just click on your name and go to your personal page.  Then click on messages.  
My wife is also hypothyroid , i and my wife both are doctors, she is not feeling completely well on thyronorm(t4 150 ) since last 6 moths..please if anybody can provide me armour as many have benefitted with this..may god bless u ...
my facebook id DrKunal Solanki and yahoo mail id drkunal_0001***@****
Hi Gimel - I have been diagnosed with hypothyroidism and been on Thyronorm 75 since last 10 years ..even though the lab results are normal, I am still experiencing arthritis like muscle/joint pains since last 2 years... have done the tests with Ortho/Rheumo and it is negative..as a last option, my doctor asked to search for getting Armour ..would like to know how to obtain this alternate for armour in India ?
Sent PM with info.  Just click on your name and go to personal page.  Then click on messages.  
hi iam debarat saikia from assam,INDIA.PLS CAN TELL ME WHERE CAN I FIND NATURAL DESSICATED THYROID IN INDIA.BBECAUSE IN 2011 I WAS DIAGONISED WITH THYROID CANCER SO I HAD TO UNDONE TOTAL THYROIDECTOMY.SO FOM 2011 I AM ON SYNTHETIC THYROID HORMONE REPLACEMENT MEDICINE BUT IAM NOT FEELING WELL AND SUFFERING FROM MANY PROBLEMS SO MY DOCTOR HAS ADVISED ME TO TAKE NATURAL DESSICATED THYROID HORMONE.SO PLS CAN YOU TELL ME WHERE CAN I BUY NATURAL THYROID HORMONE IN INDIA.I REALLY NEED IT.PLS HELP ME
Sent you a PM with info.  Just click on your name and that takes you to your personal page.  Then click on messages.
hi gimel
i am from india. i want to buy armour thyroid. can you tell where i can buy it?
Just sent you a PM with info.  Click on your name and that takes you to your personal page.  Then click on messages.  
Hi Gimel.. I have sent you a message for contact details from where I can get Armour thyroid (DESSICATED THYROID) in India. Please share it. Thank you in advance. Br, AMB.
Hi Gimel,

Please help me with the information about getting dessicated thyroid in India.
I also suffer from Autoimmune hypothyroidism and is currently TTC with 3 failed ivf transfers.

Thank you
Sent PM with info.
Hi Gimel, Please share the details of accessing natural thyroid supplement in India.
Thank you
Hi gimel

can you please advise me as to where i can get Armour thyroid in india.
I too live in India and need Armour thyroid or equivalent natural dessicated thyroid. Please send me the information on how to buy it here in Delhi.
Thank you so much
Sent info by P<.  Just click on your name and go to personal page.  Then click on messages.
Would like to try out Armour thyroid. Please do let me know where in India can I buy it ? Thank you.
Sent PM with info.  Just click on your name and that takes you to personal page.  Then click on messages.
Have severe side effects from synthetic thyroid. want to try it. plz let me know where to buy it in India
plz help me buy Armour in india.
Sent PM with info.

How do you know your symptoms are side effects from synthetic thyroid?
Pls tell where can I purchase dessicated thyroid pills in India. I will appreciate that so much. Thanks.
I sent you a PM with info.  Just click on your name and that takes you to personal page.  Then click on messages.
Also, please let me now in case there are any other desiccated thyroid pills in India.

Sent you a PM with info.  Just click on your name and that takes you to personal page.  Then click on messages.
Hi Could you please tell me a combination of T3 T4 in India? What is the medicine name and under what brand.
I will be highly greatful, need to be desperately on T3
I have conflicting info on the availability of a T4/T3 med in India.  If available, the name is Thyrolar.  In case you cannot get that, I am sending a PM with info on how to obtain Armour Thyroid by mail.

If you would like our comments, please post your thyroid related test results and reference ranges shown on the lab report.  Also tell us about your symptoms.  And last, if tested for Vitamin D, B12 and ferritin (iron), please post those, with ranges also.
Forgot to add to access the PM, just click on your name and go to your personal page.  Then click on messages.  
Just noticed that my PM did not go through for some reason, so I just sent you another.  
Hi , I sent you a message with my test report, seeking your advice.
Already answered your message..  
Hi Folks,
Anybody from delhi?And know a good doctor who looks at FT3 results also and not just Ft4?
I am desperately looking for a endrocrynologist who can work with me on my thyroid level for both T3 and T4 as my T3 has always been low and my doctors have just prescribed me thyronorm always though my symptoms always stayed.
Please help if you know of any such good doctor.Thank you in advance!!
Hello gimel , can u send me details on how to buy dissected thyroid in India , i have been on thyronorm 50mcg for 3 years eventhough my blood results are normal , i feel hypothyroid symptoms such as extreme hairloss , extreme tiredness and unmanageable sleepiness for past 3 years making my life literally hell consulted numerous doctors had sleep analysis done on me and taking adhd medicines for extreme sleepiness . I strongly suspect my extreme sleepiness is due to thyroid i measured my body temperature immediately after waking up it is 35.3 at underarm and 35.5 to 36 c at oral . I have decicded to buy natural thyroid such as armour from usa as last option to test for my sleepiness  . Thanks in advance Gimel i am already sleepy
I will be glad to send the info to you.  But first, we should review your thyroid related test results and see how well you are converting the T4 med to T3.  If conversion is adequate, then it may be that you only need to increase your T4 med.  So please post your thyroid test results and reference ranges shown on the lab report.  Also, if tested for Vitamin D, B12 and ferritin, please post those along with ranges as well.
Ok sir , thanks for your prompt reply. i am going to take a full thyroid panel test today and post here the results .
My throid lab test result date :11 oct 2014

FREE T3  - 3.63 NORMAL VALUE (1.45 - 3.48)
FREE T4 - 1.72 NORMAL VALUE(0.8-1.5)
T3 - 0.92 ng/dl    NORMAL VALUE (0.60 - 1.81)
T4(THYROXINE) - 11.10ug/dl NORMAL VALUE(5.01-12.45)
TSH - 1.85 mIu/ml NORMAL VALUE (0.55 - 4.78)

this is my thyroid lab test and normal values where given in the report . What do you recommend sir , I feel sleepy like i can sleep for 15 hours a day cant do anything in life
Did you get tested for Vitamin D, B12 and ferritin?

Your thyroid test results surprised me.  I thought you might be low in the range for Free T3 and/or Free T4.  Your results are over the range for both, which would be classified as hyperthyroid.  Which made me wonder why you were taking the thyroid med.  

Following are some of the symptoms of hyperthyroidism.  As you can see your symptoms are included in the list.  

Appetite change (decrease or increase)
    Difficulty sleeping (insomnia)
    Fatigue
    Frequent bowel movement—perhaps diarrhea
    Heart palpitations
    Heat intolerance
    Increased sweating
    Irritability
    Light menstrual periods—perhaps even missed periods
    Mental disturbances
    Muscle weakness
    Nervousness
    Problems with fertility
    Shortness of breath
    Sudden paralysis
    Tremor/shakiness
    Vision changes
    Weight loss-but perhaps weight gain
    Dizziness
    Thinning of hair
    Itching and hives
    Possible increase in blood sugar

So it appears that there is no need to continue your thyroid med.  I'd say that you need to reduce your Free T3 and Free T4 levels.  I would do it in two steps of 25 mcg each, but you should discuss with your doctor.   In addition, if not already tested for Vitamin D, B12 and ferritin, that needs to be done because low levels of those can also contribute to symptoms like you have.  
okay i will update this thread with  report for ferritin , vitamin D , and B12 i dint take those tests as it was costly but i will take it next week
Dear Gimel,

I would also like to request the details of source of dessicated thyroid.
thank you
Hi Gimel,

Could you send me the details of obtaining natural thyroid from India please. I dont know where to get this from in India.

Amrita
Just sent you a question on how t3 should be administered.
Thank You
Hi Amrita,
I am a 32 years old Hoshimotos hypothyroid patient from Delhi. Would you know of any doctor in India who looks at T3 parameters also to manage the hormones, I tried a lot in delhi but failed, Looking for urgent help please.

The current doctor I see seems very greedy, does not help me much and is urgently looking to change one.

Regards,
Ritakshi
Hi Gimel.. Can you please let me know  where I can get DESSICATED THYROID in India? Please share it. Thank you
Just sent a PM with info.  To access, just click on your name and that takes you to your personal page.  Then click on messages.  
Can you PM me also with that info on getting dessicated thyroid in India?
Thanks!!!
Just sent PM.
Hey Gimel can you provide information on getting natural desiccated thyroid in india. The synthetic t4 medication that I am talking is not curing my symptoms. Thank you in advance!
Sent PM with info.  To access, just click on your name and go to your personal page.  Then click on messages.  
Hey Gimel
Would you please let me know how to get Natural dessicated Thyroid in india.
Thanks so much for you help.
Just sent you a PM with info.  To access just click on your name and then on your personal page, click on messages.
Hi Gimel. I'm hypothyroid. taking T3 + T4. Want to switch to Armour. Can you please share how to get Armour / natural desiccated thyroid in India.
I will be glad to give you the info I have.  But first, why do you feel the need to switch from T4/T3 to desiccated?
can u please tell me what is the brand name of t3 or from where i can buy t3 in india please
hello gimel can u tell me the name of t3 drug in India pls . I am unable to find it in pharmas here , and can u give me the link to buy armour thyroid or nature thyroid please
Just sent you a PM with info.  To access, just click on your name and then from your personal page, click on messages.
Hello Gimel thank you a lot , can you tell me the name of the other  member or can u  please ask him , whats the doctor name and which hospital she works in mumbai . Am sorry Gimel if am asking for too much . I thought of self medicating with T3 as no doctor is willing to help me here , i saw like six endocrinologists . when i searched online . lot of indian pharmacies produce t3 (liothyronine sodium )but they are mainly for export , is t3 an anabolic steroid and i found that t3 is mainly for export for bodybuilders without prescription from here . I live in kerala , south of india . like 1000 kilometers from mumbai . but i am willing to go to mumbai if i can get help there . . friendly doctors are really hard to find .  
Just sent PM with info.

T3 is not an anabolic steroid.  Bodybuilders take if for this reason.

"Bodybuilders prefer the active hormone, T3, when preparing for a contest ... Anabolic steroids tend to decrease thyroid hormone levels."
Hi can you please tell what is the name of liothyronine in India and where can I buy it.I have asked my endocrinologist and he also don't know where I can buy liothyronine.I stay in guwahati,Assam.Please can you tell me where can I buy liothyronine in India .Please help me.
Hi can you please tell what is the name of liothyronine(t3) in India and where can I buy it.I have asked my endocrinologist and he also don't know where I can buy liothyronine(t3).I stay in guwahati,Assam.Please can you tell me where can I buy liothyronine(t3) in India .Please help me.I have searched in pharmacies and the pharmacies also don't know where I can buy t3 medicine in India.Please help me.
I just responded to your PM and provided the info.
Thanks gimel
Hi Gimel,

I am in India and taking Thyroxin 100 mcg every day in the morning. Please message me the natural thyroid form available and also the dose I should take as substitute for 100 mcg of Thyroxin.

Thanks in Advance
Just sent PM with info requested.  To access, just click on your name and then from your personal page, click on messages.

I am taking Eltroxin 100mg everyday for last 10 months. Still I am feeling some muscle pains, stiffness etc in the neck area and side as well. I am good on diet, doing exercise etc. while I was doing online research, lot of people had suggested using natural thyroid such as Armour, instead of Synthetic.

I would like to know where I can get Armour Thyroid in india/Bangalore.

Please help.

Just sent you a PM with info.  To access, just click on your name and then, from your personal page, click on messages.
Hello Gimel , i have ordered Thyroid-s from thailand i am expecting it to arrive it by next week . I currently take 50mcg of Thyronorm everymorning ..

This is my Thyroid function test which i did today .

Free t3       3.15      range-  1.7 to 3.7 pg/ml
Free t4       1.13      range -  0.7 to 1.4ng/ml
TSH            1.81     range -  .35 to 5 uIu/ml

Salivary Cortisol 0.10 ug/dl (8AM)  Males AM :0.012 - 1.551 ug/dl)
Free cortisol serum - 4.85 range 3-15 ug/dl
Cortisol Total serum (8am) 6.90 Range 3.7 - 19.4 ug/dl

Ferritin - 195.39 ng/ml range 21.81 - 274.66ng/ml
Vitamin b12 512pg/ml Range 187-883pg/ml
Vitamin D total - 19.3ng/ml Insufficiency : 10 -30 ng/ml

I take vitamin D satchet for low vitamin , Do u reccomend Adrenal support , Doctors are unwilling to give adrenal , However i will self medicate on Thyroid-s am scared to selfmedicate on Adrenal .

Thanks in advance . What dosage of Thyroid-s do u recommend . I feel all the symptoms of hypothyroidism right now , I sleep 17 hours a day unable to do anything
Edit : Salivary cortisol range is 0.12 - 1.551ug/dl
From your Free T4 and Free T3 test results your body is converting the T4 med to T3 adequately.  To raise your Free T3 level higher in the range, you plan to take Thyroid-S.  The equivalent dose would be less that one grain (60 mg) of Thyroid -S.  So you could switch to 1/2 grain of Thyroid-S and then after several weeks, you could increase further.  Along with that you really need to supplement your B12 to raise it to the top end of its range.  Also, your D is way too low.  It needs to be 55-60, so you need to supplement further with that.  

I suggest that you should do all that and than give your body some time to heal and see how you are feeling.  I know very little about treating for low cortisol, but I know that it is a very serious step and you need to get some help with that.  I strongly recommend you find a doctor that is able to help.  Also, you may be able to get some good info from members on the Adrenal Forum, if you will go there.  
Hi Gimel,

Could you please recommend me a medicine for Thyroid. Also where could i buy them in India. These are my test results.

RT3 33
T3 80.34
T4 9.60
TSH 2.20
ANTI-THYROGLOBULIN ANTIBODIES < 15.0
ANTI-THYROID PEROXIDASE ANTIBODIES < 28.0
FREE TRIIODOTHYRONINE (FT3) 2.65
FREE THYROXINE (FT4) 1.30
TSH 3RD GENERATION 1.901

Regards,
J
Lab results always need to be compared to their reference ranges shown on the lab report.  So please post the ranges along with the results.
Also, please tell us about any symptoms you are having.
Hi Gimel,

My weight is not reducing even after diet and exercise. During workout i get tired easily.

Here are lab reports with ranges.
RT3 33 , 10-24 ng/dl
ANTI-THYROGLOBULIN ANTIBODIES < 15.0,   60 (Positive) U/mL
ANTI-THYROID PEROXIDASE ANTIBODIES < 28.0,  60 (Positive) U/mL
FREE TRIIODOTHYRONINE (FT3) 2.65, 2.30 - 4.20 pg/mL
FREE THYROXINE (FT4) 1.30, 0.89 - 1.76 ng/dL
TSH 3RD GENERATION 1.901, 0.55 - 4.78 µIU/mL
T3 80.34, 60.00 - 181.00 ng/d
T4 9.60, 4.50 - 12.60 µg/dl
TSH 2.20, 0.35 - 5.50 µIU/mL

Regards,
J
From your lab results the only thing I see of concern is the ratio of Free T3 to Reverse T3.  Your ratio is much too low which can cause hypothyroid symptoms.  Also, your ratio is driven mainly by high Reverse T3, so taking thyroid med of any kind is not going to fix that problem.  What you need to do is to identify what is causing the high RT3 level and fix that.  Since two of the main possibilities are low ferritin, and low B12, I suggest that you should test for those as a start.  Ferritin for women should be around 70 minimum and B12 needs to be in the upper part of its range.

Also, Vitamin D is very important and can cause some symptoms like you mention.  So I also suggest testing for that as well.  D should be around 60.

If you can get those tests done, then post results and we will be glad to advise further.  
I've B12 and Vit D test done as well. Here are the results:
VITAMIN B12 216.0, 211.0 - 911.0 pg/mL
25-HYDROXY VITAMIN D 49.9,  Deficiency:</= 20.0 Insufficiency: 21.0 -  100.0 ng/ml

Regards,
J
Your B12 is way too low.  For best results it should be in the upper end of the range, say 850.  D is a bit low.  Should be about 60 minimum.  Can you get a ferritin test done?
Sure, i'll get the test done. What medicine or food could i take to increase B12 and D?

Regards,
J
The best way is to take D3 and B12 supplements.   Both should be readily available I would think, without a doctor's prescription.
I've iron test done before as well. Is this same as ferritin.
IRON 66, 50 - 170 µg/dL
TOTAL IRON BINDING CAPACITY 331, 250 - 450 µg/dL
% SATURATION 19.9, 13 - 45 %
C-REACTIVE PROTEIN 8.2, High < 5.0 mg/L

Regards,
J
Not the same.  Ferritin is an intercellular protein that stores and releases iron.  It acts as a buffer against iron deficiency and iron overload.  It is said to be a precursor to serum iron levels.  Your iron is on the low side, and I expect that your ferritin is too low as well.

So, I suggest that your go ahead and supplement your Vitamin D and B12, and get your ferritin tested to see if you need to supplement with iron as well.
Why not just post the information instead of sending PM's?
MedHelp frowns on some things being posted on the main Forum.  So we use a PM to get the info to the specific person needing it.  
I want to purchase Natural Desiccated Thyroid.Kindly guide me.
I just sent you info on two potential sources.