Thyroid Disorders Community
generic

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

generic

does generic brand thyroid treatment work as good as brand names.  im curently on armour 90 mg and its more expensive?
I think as long as the actual drug is the same the manufacturer is not important
I take armour. Our insurance change this year and we get free generic drugs, but I have to pay for my armour.

I asked my last Doc about armour and generic and than I called the place where I get my meds. It seems that if you want to take generic armour you have to get blood tests based on the generic you are taking because they do not have the exact same ingredients as the real armour.

Also I found out that the place we have to buy our meds from said they will change the company where they buy the generic if they get a lower price from someone else and not tell you that they changed and that may mean that the ingredients change again. You will have to make sure that if they do that you will have to have new bloodwork done.