Aa
A
A
Close
535882 tn?1396580285
internal shaking
can hypothyroidism cause internal shaking throught the body or is it all anxiety
Cancel
14 Answers
Page 1 of 1
314892 tn?1264627503
It can cause low body temperatures, which in turn could cause shaking. I get this, but I feel shivery and cold.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
599954 tn?1227497585
I have hyperthyroidism and I have the internal shaking..feels weird.  I also feel my heart beat every where in my body..but my pulse is usually around 50 beats per minute..mostly skips beats..which feels like I am shakey
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
219241 tn?1413541365
Could be both. I have hyper and get shaky both inside and out, when I was hypo for a long time I had it too. So yes it can be both!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
I have extreme internal shaking, and was wondering the same question.  I feel like I'm freezing when I'm not, my temps are alway's normal.  But the ironic part about it all is, my hands and feet feel like ice.  
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
535882 tn?1396580285
started lexapro today.. doctor says it anxiety ..from all i went through with the tyroid..lets hope it works
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
719919 tn?1269631656
i need help! my husband is driving me freakin nuts or maybe my thyroid. right now i am sitting here listening to him wanting to choke a guy about some stupid bear paws that some taxidermy guy has had for 6 years, he finally got the bear head but now i listen.... blah blah blah. why does my patience become non existant? does anyone else have a problem with listening to stupid complaints? maybe mine is a stupid complaint? blah blah blah. graves rage maybe? just tired of hearing him whine about stupid bear paws
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
719919 tn?1269631656
in my great ranting and raving i failed to realize.... i am not in my journal. sooo sorry.. oops!!!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
440728 tn?1234648902
I get that internal shaking and anxiety too, aswell as muscle jerks and twitches. So it's really good to see I'm not alone. I just started a post about the muscle bit and forgot to add the trembling, so I'm going back to do it now as they go together. I suffer with Sjogren's too and I want to know if these symptoms belong to thyroid or sjogren's. I'll let you know if I find anything out.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
535882 tn?1396580285
i was at doc last night he said he thinks this is all from the tyroid.. ive passed 2 neur test. 2 mris of the brain.. he said ive been through hell hopefully the lexapro calms me down stops the internal shaking and anxiety,  ive heard good things about it form friends on it.  kevin
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Hello have you discovered any relief for the internal shaking,  trembling? Did you find out what was causing it? I'm hypothyroid and experiencing similar symptoms? Hope you are doing better.
Comment
Cancel
Hello have you discovered any relief for the internal shaking,  trembling? Did you find out what was causing it? I'm hypothyroid and experiencing similar symptoms? Hope you are doing better.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
458072 tn?1291418786
the internal shaking is quite common.

grneweene,
the frustration is normal to. I have the same problem. I try to leave the room, though, because I have realized that the problem is me, not the other person, and I do not want to say something that I will regret and cause hurt to the other person.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
599954 tn?1227497585
This all sounds so familiar...I feel nUtS when someone is talking...just get to the point for #$@% sake...I too leave the room before I have a melt down.  I take methimazole twice a day. Seemed like it helped for awhile..

Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Hi Mirabella,

I found your post fascinating. I have the identical symptoms. None of the doctors whom I seen have made this link.

How are you now, some 4 years on?

Any hints as to diet etc

Warm wishes,

Rachel
UK
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
6555161 tn?1382385462
I have it both when very hyper or hypo, as well! It's a strange feeling. I usually didn't notice it until I went to bed, then it felt almost like my bed was gently vibrating, ha ha.  
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Do you have any other symptoms?  Also, please post your thyroid related test results and reference ranges shown on the lab report.  
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Thyroid Disorders Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank