Thyroid Disorders Community
rai

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

rai

how soon after uptake and scan will i have rai
Why are you having uptake and scan? is that Iodine 123 or 131? Is this ablation or simply looking for thyroid activity?  You need to explain a bit more.
hi , i have graves, im getting uptake and scan 1-123 with 6 and 24 hr scans, i will in most likelyhood be getting rai after that,
I don't know anything about Graves, I am in the other boat with Hashi's and cancer. I think they need to test how much your thyroid will take up with 123 so they give you the right dose of RAI 131.  I don't know who long you will have to wait, sorry I am not much help.