Thyroid Disorders Community
swollen ankels

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

swollen ankels

I am 45 yr old female.diagnosed wid hypothyroid since 2and half yrs..Also have high blood pressure .Initially I was prescribed wid  Thyronorm 50mcg and  Atecard D for high BP.But]after starting my medicine I realised that Im gaining weight very fast and lost my hair from crown area very fast .My doctor increased my dosage to 75mcg .my TSh T3 T4 levels became normal but my weight was increasing ...Again11months back doctor increased dosage to100mcg and changed my BP medicine to Numlo ATalong with Ecosprin AV 75...My weight was constantly increasing despite of my efforts like diet contol and exercise. It increased frm 71kgs to 82kgs within two years...
                                   Now my problem is I am having swollen ankels and feet since 7months I told my doctor about this he prescribed Divnet for 3months For few days there was no swellingt.but it was back again..Now I hav severe UTI also And undergone flush out treatment..after that swelling just vanished but it is back again im very uncomfortablel And I hav lost 2 kgs in last 15 days ...Please help me...whether my treatment is ok ....My TSH levels are normal I consulted a urologist also and got my kidney tests and scanning done all tests are normal except uriflow and that too very little differene from normal range ...Please help me...whether my treatment is ok and wat else should I do...
Just because thyroid test results fall within the so-called "normal" ranges does not mean that is adequate for YOU.  The ranges are far too broad.  Many of our members report that hypo symptom relief required Free T3 in the upper third of its range and Free T4 around the middle of its range.

Free T3 is the most important because it largely regulates metabolism and many other body functions.  Scientific studies have also shown that hypo symptoms correlated best with Free T3, while Free T4 and TSH did not correlate at all.  It is especially important to understand about Free T3 because many hypo patients taking T4 meds find that their body does not adequately convert the T4 to T3, resulting in Free T4 levels that are adequate, but Free T3 levels that are too low in the range.

If you will please post all your thyroid related test results, members will be better able to assess the adequacy of your testing and treatment.
My feet swell when I've eaten too much salt (salt has iodine in it) which also effects your thyroid.