Thyroid Disorders Community
thioride problem

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

thioride problem

i am suffering from thioride and my tch is 10
i am persently taking thionorm 125 mm daily is it sufficient?
  • TYpe of thyroid?? (1 replies):
    I have TSH 4.15 and few symptoms are weight gain..sleepy...[more]
  • Fluctuating tsh (5 replies):
    I had a subtotal throidectomy i1971 iam 51 years old. Al...[more]
  • thyroid (3 replies):
    tsh of .049 what does this mean/
  • Thyroid (5 replies):
    i'm 23 old lady,,my thyroid rest result is t3 149.8 , t4...[more]
  • lab Results (5 replies):
    Can anybody help me my Doctor says I am ok and I have al...[more]
TSH alone is not enough information in which to know for sure. You really need the Free T4 AND Free T3 tests.

A TSH would general indicate you are Hypo and need medication.  Beyond that, TSH is of little value.  To tweak your medication level you really need the two tests for the Free hormones.  (Free meaning they are not attached to a protein)  The tests still cost money to run.

Most people seem to find symptom relief when the Free T4 is about mid range AND their Free T3 is in the UPPER 1/3 of the range.  The key however is symptoms.  A good Dr will look at the lab results AND your symptoms.  Each person is different and feels best at different levels.  But as a general rule the mid range and upper 1/3 seem to be a decent target to shoot for.

What are your Symptoms?  How long have you had them?  

I'm not familiar with the med Thironorm but I assume that it is a T4 medication. Can you confirm this.  In any event starting from zero and jumping right to 125 mcg of a T4 med will cause many people to have significant if not severe side effects.
Only you can answer that question.  If you look at this list of 26 typical hypothyroid symptoms, do you still have any?  If you do, then your meds are either not enough, or not the right kind of med.  

A good thyroid doctor will treat a hypo patient clinically by testing and adjusting Free T3 and Free T4 as necessary to relieve symptoms, without being constrained by resultant TSH levels.  Symptom relief should be all important, not just test results.  You can read about clinical treatment in this link.

http://hormonerestoration.com/files/ThyroidPMD.pdf

If you haven't been tested for the biologically active thyroid hormones, Free T3 and Free T4 (not the same as Total T3 and Total T4), then you need to have that done every time.  Free  T3 is the most important because it largely regulates metabolism and many other body functions.  Scientific studies have shown that it correlated best with hypo symptoms, while Free T4 and TSH did not correlate.  Many member here report that symptom relief for them required that Free T3 was adjusted into the upper pat=rt of its range and Free T4 adjusted to around the midpoint of its range.
Sorry, I didn't post the link to symptoms.

http://endocrine-system.emedtv.com/hypothyroidism/hypothyroidism-symptoms-and-signs.html