Thyroid Disorders Community
what happens when you have too much T3 ?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

i will try the cytomel in the am then the other half at noon, but is it OK to take Cytomel with the Synthroid at eh same time?

and when I take the other half of the Cytomel at noon, do I have to wait to eat or drink?

I really appreciate your replying, I have been having a hard time withthis and my dr. is kinda confusing when I ask questions-I don't seem to get any answers---
Since they are both thyroid replacement, it is ok to take them at the same time.  I would wait until about 3:00 to take the rest of the cytomel.  It is ok to drink at anytime, and ok 1/2 hour to one hour to eat after taking the synthroid or cytomel.  If you are taking vitamin supplements, wait at least 4 hours after taking your morning synthroid and cytomel.  I am no doctor though, so please call him and make sure it is ok with him.  If this doctor is not giving you answers, consider changing doctors or seeing an endocrinologist who specializes in thyroid.  You should always ask for a copy of your test results so you can keep them at home in case you need to see another doctor.  You take the results with you and any other medical records you can get.  It sounds like you are pretty upset over this.  Try not to worry, it only makes it a lot worse.  Drink plenty of water if you are having headaches.  I don't believe it would hurt to not take the cytomel until you spoke to your doctor.  I was on cytomel alone and it gave me a very bad reaction, anxiety, heart palpitations and I quit taking it.  I am on just synthroid and seems to be working ok.  Can you tell me what dose of synthroid and cytomel you are taking?  
I am taking Synthroid 100 MCG & Cytomel  5MCG

i have been looking for a new endrcrinologis, the dr. I am currently seeing is rather an older man & just do not think he takes me seriously since he sees "much" worse cases-
You can become hyperthyroid when you have too much T3.  I would not worry, though, you are not taking enough cytomel to make much difference.  I don't even understand why he has put you on it unless your T3 result was not sufficient.  I am glad  you are looking for the endo.  It sounds like you might need to see someone who can give you straight answers and ease your mind.  It might take a few weeks to feel better, so just have patience and understand that it is a long process.  If you can find out what your TSH level is from your doctor, post back and we can talk about it some more.  Hang in there, you can always send me a message by clicking on my "ifupleze" in blue.  It will come by email and I will know exactly when you are trying to get a hold of me.  Take it easy, and just know that everything will be ok eventually. . . Jinjer
Kug,
FYI--I just looked at the Drug Manufacturer website and learned something new.
The Manufacturer of Cytomel is "King Pharmaceuticals", here is the link I used to find the PDF Copy of Instruction on Cytomel

It's on Page 4 of 5--left bottom left side of page under "Dosage and Administration"

Click on the link that says [pdf] Cytomel

http://www.google.com/#hl=en&q=site%3Akingpharm.com+cytomel&aq=f&aqi=&aq=f&aqi=&oq=&fp=7d15299a959dbb33

**********************
Quote:
Dosage and Administration

Cytomel Tablets are intended for oral administration , once-a-day dosage is recommended. Although liothronine sodium has a rapid cutoff, it's metabolic effects persist for a few days following discontinuance.