Thyroid Disorders Community
wrong synthroid dosage

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

wrong synthroid dosage

I was put on the wrong dosage of synthroid for over a year a script was read wrong it should have been 25 mg and it was given as 125 mg.  I am having problems with several things.  My blood tests reveal aTSH level of .0009 and I have a  empty sella  constant tremors and severe headaches.  Could this all be related to the wrong dosage?  
I also have nerve root sleeve cysts (21 in total) some are quite large.
Didn't you feel the effects or that something was wrong. Didn't you go for test on regular bases, like every 6 weeks that is suggested with very dose adjustment.
I had a doctor put down the wrong dose on my prescription but I caught it before leaving the office, so now I make it a habbit to check  prescription slips before leaving the doctor office or at least before filling it.

Well there is no way to know how long your level was actually at .0009 to be able to blame it for your symptoms.  However, your doctor is the best one to know this.  although tremors and headaches are related to over dose.
This is the first time my doctor ever changed my medicine.  I trusted her.  I thought something was wrong, however she also said I have Paskinsons Disease and I believed that - my Grandmother had that - I now doubt that.  And Wonder if every thing could be the low thyroid.  My doctor thinks my Thyroid levels are normal and even wrote "normal" on the lab results.