zoloft and hypothyroidism
hi, I have a few questions. I have hypothyroidism with some increase in throglobulin antibodies. (what ever it is) I was on generic synthroid for 6 months and have been on sythroid for 1 year. I also take zoloft. I am wondering if the zoloft is making my thyroid worse. If so I would like to change it. I have always noticed that is does not do much for my anxiety and I am on a high dose 150 mg. my dose is now at 112 mcg for synthroid and symptoms seem to be worsening. I am frustrated. I have endocrinologist as well as a psychiatrist in order to get the proper care with my meds. I called my endocrinologist a week ago to tell her I was not feeling well and maybe to order bloodwork and she said to wait to see her first, which is another month. I just don't feel like myself and want to know if there are any suggestions for changes to my meds that I can discuss with my dr
i have anxiety also. i'm not sure if it started with thyroid problems as i was only 35 when i experiances this for the first time. i'm 53 now. i was dx's with hashi/hypo 3 years ago..i know now that flucuations in the antibodies can cause an..oh, you have depression.oops read it wrong, but my point is to treat the thyroid issue FIRST...get the right dosage.i'm still trying. I do take something for my anxiety, but if the depression is from thyroid, BOTH of your dr's should know what to do...i don't think synthroid would worsen hypothyroid symptoms...but maybe try something other than zoloft? hope you feel better soon....
must be having a meno/hypo brain thing goin on.LOL...if the zoloft doesn't work for your anxiety ask for something different, but i still don't think the synthroid is making it worse, unless you're on too high a dosage..i was wondering that myself a few days ago when i had some bad anxiety.it's calmed down since though, i was stressed out....probably wasn't due to my levothyroxine
The anxiety meds can alter the meds for thyroid and shoot the FT3 out of range some.
Never heard that before! I've searched and asked about this, and it depends on the kind of antianxiety meds you take. Never saw Zoloft as one that would"alter" thyroid meds....nor xanax.
thanks so much