3 Unexplained pregnancy losses
Since April 2012, I have had 3 miscarriages. The 1st loss was at about 10 weeks, the 2nd was at 27 weeks & the most recent (October 2013) was at 17 weeks. No testing was done on 1st loss. The 2nd loss was result of IUGR, but why the baby was growth restricted was never found out & karyotyping came back inconclusive. My Dr. said the 3rd baby looked to be as if he was starting to be growth restricted as well. My Dr. said my blood work came back fine except my anticardiolipin levels were in the indeterminate range. 1st test was 13, the 2nd retest was found to be 12.5. My cousin was diagnosed with APS, and I mentioned this to my Dr. She sent me for 2nd opinion where the Dr. did some more tests. He didn't feel my results warranted a diagnosis of APS, and only advice he had was to take baby aspirin and stated that there may never be an answer as to what's happening. My glycoprotein test was normal, lupus came back normal. Still waiting on anticardiolipin test. I did notice that my Protime was at 13.9 (normal range was 13.8), the nurse wasn't too concerned with it. Can someone please help me with what direction or route I should go? Should I see a hematologist? Will a baby aspirin really help? Should I not try for anymore pregnancies?
Ask your doctors to give you a test to check your progesterone levels. That's the hormone that helps support a pregnancy. I'm sorry for your losses :(. Hope you get it figured out love good luck!
I shouldn't try for another pregnancy until you can try and find out maybe why you couldn't carry to pregnancies to full-term. Sorry for your losses :(.
Hi ratsuda 726 and welcome to the forum.

I'm very sorry to hear about your miscarriages and all your issues.
One area that I would recommend you look into is adrenal/hormonal
and this would be the field of Endocrinology.

Beware of sub-clinical hormonal imbalances, which are normally ignored by conventional Endocrinologists, yet the majority of endocrine issues take place at the sub-clinical level and become, over time, full blown conditions-often irreversible- before they get the required attention and diagnosis.

One area of particular interest to you would be sub-clinical or mild low thyroid function, linked to increased miscarriage,premature labor or low birth weight!

Personally, I would recommend, that you consult an ND, knowledgeable in endocrine/ hormonal imbalances, as NDs are not restricted to adhere to
"established" Endocrinology testing and procedures.

Let me know if you need any further details.

Note that this is not intended as a substitute for medical advice.

Best wishes.
Niko
GMO corn can cause infertility and other problems with the fetus or embryo.   Look it up online.