Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Body aches all over.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Body aches all over.

I am a 19 year old female and I have aches and pains all throughout my body. Joint stiffness too. My finger joints are stiff and in pain, my jaw and head are sore, my entire spine hurts, and all the joints in my feet and ankles are sore or stiff. What could be the problems of these mysterious aches and pains?
Hello Hill242b,

UNDERSTANDING ARTHRITIS -- SYMPTOMS

What Are the Symptoms of Arthritis?

-Joint pain and progressive stiffness without noticeable swelling, chills, or fever during normal activities probably indicates the gradual onset of osteoarthritis.

-Painful swelling, inflammation, and stiffness in the fingers, arms, legs, and wrists occurring in the same joints on both sides of the body, especially on awakening, may be signs of rheumatoid arthritis.

-Fever, joint inflammation, tenderness, and sharp pain, sometimes accompanied by chills and associated with an injury or another illness, may indicate infectious arthritis.

-In children, intermittent fever, loss of appetite, weight loss, and anemia, or blotchy rash on the arms and legs may signal the onset of some types of juvenile rheumatoid arthritis. Other forms of juvenile rheumatoid arthritis are associated with joint stiffness, a limp, or joint swelling.

Call Your Doctor About Arthritis If:

-The pain and stiffness come on quickly, whether from an injury or an unknown cause; you may be experiencing the onset of rheumatoid arthritis.
    -The pain is accompanied by fever; you may have infectious arthritis.
    -The pain develops quickly and is associated with redness and extreme tenderness of the joint; this may be the onset of gout.
    -You notice pain and stiffness in your arms, legs, or back after sitting for short periods or after a night's sleep; you may be developing osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, or another arthritic condition.

Hope that helps! Good Luck!
You should get tested for lyme disease.
Ticks are the size of a pin head and very often not seen. You also do not always get a bulls eye rash or fever.
Look up Dr. Burrascano's symptoms for lyme disease and see if it sounds like you. At your age you should not be getting arthritis unless it is caused by some outside factor like an infection. Joint pain when you have lyme disease is caused by inflammation from the infection. The only way to be sure is to go to a lyme specialist to be checked.
If you need help finding a lyme specialist in your area, contact me and I will help you find one.
Hi I just wanted to say that Arthritis is actually a condition that AFFECTS PEOPLE OF ALL AGES...

Read on to find out about juvenile rheumatoid arthritis, a specific kind of arthritis that usually occurs in people under age 17.
What Is Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis?

The term rheumatoid (pronounced: roo-mah-toid) refers to diseases that affect the muscles, tendons, joints, bones, or nerves.

Arthritis is an inflammation (which means that it's characterized by heat, swelling, and pain) of the synovial (pronounced: suh-no-vee-ul) membrane (the lining of the joints, such as the knees or knuckles). When the synovium becomes inflamed, fluid is produced, and the joints can become stiff, swollen, painful, and warm to the touch. Over time, inflammation in a joint can cause damage to cartilage and bone.

About 285,000 kids and teens in the United States have some form of arthritis. Juvenile rheumatoid arthritis (JRA) is the most common kind of arthritis among kids and teens. Usually diagnosed between the ages of 2 and 16, it's also called juvenile idiopathic arthritis (JIA) because it is different from adult rheumatoid arthritis.

This condition could be affecting Hill242b. He is only two years older than the average age calculated. Just wanted to prove that everyone can get arthritis regardless of their age..
Here is some information about adult rheumatoid arthritis.

Rheumatoid arthritis is an ongoing, progressive disease that affects the joints of the body with episodes of painful inflammation. Rheumatoid arthritis also affects other organs of the body and can result in the destruction of joints, disability, and in severe cases, life threatening complications.

The onset of rheumatoid arthritis, also known as RA, can occur at any age and affects women more than men. In general, the younger a person is when he or she develops rheumatoid arthritis, the more rapidly that disease progresses. About 10% of people with the disease become severely disabled. In addition, life expectancy may be shortened by about 3 to 7 years, and those with severe forms of rheumatic arthritis may die 10-15 years earlier than expected due to possible life threatening complications, according to the National Institutes of Health.

The cause of rheumatoid arthritis is not known, but it is classified as an autoimmune disease. In an autoimmune disease, the body's immune system mistakes healthy tissues as foreign and potentially dangerous invaders into the body and attacks them. This results in inflammation that eventually can destroy the affected joints and damage blood vessels and organs.

Rheumatic arthritis causes inflammation of the synovial membranes that line and protect the joints and allow smooth and free movement of joints. When the synovial membranes are inflamed, they become swollen, tender and warm, and are unable to move freely. This process eventually leads to deformity and destruction of the joints.

The way that the disease affects people varies greatly from person to person, but generally affects wrists, fingers, knees, feet, and ankles on both sides of the body. The symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis can be mild, moderate, or severe. For more details on symptoms, refer to symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis.

Making a diagnosis of rheumatoid arthritis begins with taking a thorough medical history, including symptoms, and completing a physical examination. Medical testing may include a wide variety of tests, including a rheumatoid factor test, complete blood test (CBC), C-reactive protein, erythrocyte sedimentation rate, joint X-rays, and an analysis of the "lubricating" fluid in the joints (synovial fluid).

It is possible that a diagnosis of rheumatoid arthritis can be missed or delayed because the disease progresses gradually and early symptoms can be mild or assumed to be associated with other conditions, such as aging. For more information on misdiagnosis, refer to misdiagnosis of rheumatoid arthritis.

Treatment for rheumatoid arthritis varies depending on the severity of symptoms, the presence of complications, a person's age and medical history, and other factors. Rheumatoid arthritis cannot be cured, but treatment can help to reduce symptoms and delay the destruction of joints. Treatment can include a combination of medication, physical therapy, and surgery.

Hope it helps!