Bump or raised area at very back of throat??
Here is an odd question. I have a lot of symptoms in my throat, tonsils, etc. area. Sometimes kind of a sensitive or irritated feeling at very top and back of my throat (amongst other symptoms). If I reach my tongue back I can feel the uvula at the top but just behind this it feels like a hard bump. I cannot see anything in this area with a mirror and light that looks abnormal, however, if I stick my finger to the back of my pharnyx in this area, I feel I would describe as a bony area, like a piece of my spine bulging behind the throat membraine perhaps. I thought about adenoids but I think that is further up towards the nose.

Is this normal to have this "bump" in this area? Does anyone know what I'm talking about? I likely would not have even noticed it, if I didn't feel irritation in this area.

I don't know if it's normal or not. You could go to an ENT, and have them scope your throat through your nose. It doesn't really hurt, you're awake for it,  and they can see everything on a tv screen.
Had that done once.  Everything was normal I guess.
I have had this same thing for about a year and a half.  Have you found out anything?  I went to the ENT a year ago and was supposed to have a CT done, but found out that I was pregnant.  

I have an appt on May 1 with the same ENT>  He didn't seem too concerned about it before....just said to watch it.  Me on the other hand, have been a nervous wreck over it.

It seems to get worse with stress and allergies..........but never completley goes away.  Just a lump.........right behind uvula.  I have to make my uvula move up to be able to see it.  Is this how your is??
A related discussion, bone lump was started.
same here, it's like a bony protrusion behind the uvula in the pharyngeal wall. I've looked at some anatomy diagrams and it seems to be the anterior atlas bone. Further I have read about a large number of people with this "problem" many have asked the same question. So ill make the assumption that it is anatomical and some people have it, others do not. If it's something more serious then really it needs to be seen to, but no one can be certain about anything!