Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Cold Chills

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Cold Chills

Last night I experienced getting cold chills and they continue to escalate to the point where I'm nausous, my fever will spike to 103 and it last for several hours. I've tried takng extremely hot showers, layering clothing, getting a hot sheet out of the dryer, and placing a small heater next to my bed, then I can begin to feel while still cold myself sweating so by the next morning once it subsides my bed is drenched. This happens quite often.
1 Comment
Welcome to the forum!
Cold chills can be felt in viral fever and in malaria. You can also feel these chills in bacterial infection like typhoid. The chills happen when the toxins of the virus, or malaria protozoa or bacteria are released in the blood.
You should take an antipyretic to lower the temperature, plenty of fluids and consult your PCP for a diagnosis and further management.
Hope this helps. Do discuss this with your doctor and get yourself examined. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!