I have been going to the Dr for two years now and he cant figure out what is going on so i am posting here to see if i may be able to come up with some answers. It all started when i got very ill with a rash on my right temple and the dr sent it to a lab and it came back positive for a lupus rash but the blood tests didnt come back with a for sure lupus diagnosis, anitDNA is at the top of the inconclusive range at a 9. so the biopsy was sent for a second opinion and the second lab sent it back as shingles.
The following is a list of dr findings since the illness
1. Enlarged Right Thyroid (thyroid levels normal)
3. Hemangioma on liver
4. High urine Histamine (he says normal is 0-499 and my level is 1077)
5. high (but in the inconclusive range for lupus) antiDNA (he says 0-4 is neg., 5-9 inconclusive, 10+ is pos) mine is 9
And the following are symptoms that i feel
1. inflammation of the hands
2. numbness in hands
3. right hand tends to randomly turn purple
4.upper abdominal pain both right and left side (randomly comes and goes)
5. leaky bladder
6. on and off between constipation and diareaha but never a normal bowel movement
7. Joint pain in Hips, and Knees
8. When i wake up in the morning i can barely walk because the tops of my feet hurt when i stand
9. sever headaches about 1 every other week
10. Flushing of the face
11. On again/off again raspy voice
It seems that my dr has ran a million and 10 tests and as soon as he thinks he may have an answer he does another test to conferm a diagnosis and it comes back fine...I just want to live a normal pain free life and i dont know what to do or where to turn...
1. Enlarged Right Thyroid (thyroid levels normal)...nothing to worry about
2. Depression- get on the right meds, MANY of these symptoms sound like depression/anxiety
3. Hemangioma on liver---nothing to worry about
4. High urine Histamine (he says normal is 0-499 and my level is 1077)...diet, MEDS, and taking antihistines can affect it...retest later
5. high (but in the inconclusive range for lupus) antiDNA (he says 0-4 is neg., 5-9 inconclusive, 10+ is pos) mine is 9. retest later
6. thechicardia- tachycardia=depression/anxiety
And the following are symptoms that i feel
1. inflammation of the hands...you can see it, or just feel it?
2. numbness in hands...anxiety/depression
3. right hand tends to randomly turn purple...anxiety
4.upper abdominal pain both right and left side (randomly comes and goes)...anxiety
5. leaky bladder...anxiety
6. on and off between constipation and diareaha but never a normal bowel movement...anxiety causing IBS
7. Joint pain in Hips, and Knees..could be many things, anxiety/depression causes pretty bad pain. Most people go to the doctor for pain when they are depressed, not because of a bad mood.
8. When i wake up in the morning i can barely walk because the tops of my feet hurt when i stand...could it be muscle tension
9. sever headaches about 1 every other week..depression anxiety
10. Flushing of the face anxiety
11. On again/off again raspy voice ...could be many things, most of which are minor
SO, WE KNOW FOR SURE YOU ARE DEPRESSED AND ANXIOUS.....SO, LET'S TREAT THAT FIRST AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS. THEN, YOU WILL BE IN A BETTER STATE OF MIND AND CAN MORE CLEARLY DEAL WITH THE OTHER ISSUES AND ANY OTHER TESTS YOU MAY NEED. Doesn't sound like anything is going to do you in in the next month, so solve the depression problem.
75% of your symptoms will disappear, and the remaining symptoms will reduce in severity once the depression lifts. See a psychiatrist...not a regular MD. Get somebody good who can get you feeling good again. Don't mess around. Depression is as powerful as cancer...it kills 15% of people who get it and the other 85% start to wish they were part of the 15%. Don't underestimate it. Once you are feeling better, you will be able to handle anything and you will think more clearly, too.
Copyright 1994-2016MedHelp International.All rights reserved. MedHelp is a division of Aptus Health.
The Content on this Site is presented in a summary fashion, and is intended to be used for educational and entertainment purposes only. It is not intended to be and should not be interpreted as medical advice or a diagnosis of any health or fitness problem, condition or disease; or a recommendation for a specific test, doctor, care provider, procedure, treatment plan, product, or course of action. Med Help International, Inc. is not a medical or healthcare provider and your use of this Site does not create a doctor / patient relationship. We disclaim all responsibility for the professional qualifications and licensing of, and services provided by, any physician or other health providers posting on or otherwise referred to on this Site and/or any Third Party Site. Never disregard the medical advice of your physician or health professional, or delay in seeking such advice, because of something you read on this Site. We offer this Site AS IS and without any warranties. By using this Site you agree to the following Terms and Conditions. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your physician or 911 immediately.