Heavy periods lasting 2 months
My daughter is 20 and has been having a period for 2 months straight.  It has been very heavy and she is also passing clots. What could this be?  She has always had heavy periods but they have never lasted this long - with no let up yet.
could be fibroids she needs to go to the dr. thats a sign of alot of bleeding.  good luck.
Could be Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS). In any case, she needs to see her gyn.

The average menstrual period lasts between four and five days and produces 60 to 250 ml of blood.Heavy bleeding during periods and increase in the number of days of bleeding is called menorrhagia.Going by your symptoms,your daughter seems to have menorrhagia.

Causes of menorrhagia are hormonal imbalance, fibroids(benign (non-cancerous) tumors that often occur in the uterus of women during their thirties or forties), uterine cysts(ovarian cysts) and polyps(cervical or endometrial.They are small, fragile,non cancerous growths in the cervix or uterus), some forms of cancer and certain medications. Intrauterine contraceptive devices (IUD’s) and pelvic inflammatory disease may also lead to excessive bleeding.

Occasionally heavy periods are a sign of Endometriosis--a condition in which cells from the lining of the uterus travel and grow in other parts of the body. Heavy periods can also be associated with under activity of the thyroid--a gland in the neck that helps control many body functions.
In my opinion,physical and pelvic examination along with blood tests and ultrasound pelvis are required to make a diagnosis.Pls consult a gynecologist for that.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted if you have any additional queries.

I too am experience the very same problem.  I am 27 and have never had a period lasting more than 5 days in my life, in fact, normally no longer than 3 and always quite med. to light.....I am married and am sexually active, but know for a fact I am not pregnant.  I am having some cramping, but I also have 2 herniated discs in my lower pine.  Since my uterus tilts to the back, my cramps more often are experienced in my lower back, thus making it difficult for me to tell the difference in disc pain and menstrual cramping.  I started heavy Jan 12th.  It is currently March 17th and I have not stopped bleeding...HEAVILY &  There is also a lot of clotting at times.  I am very concerned...what could this be symptoms of?