Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
High Hemoglobin Levels

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

High Hemoglobin Levels

I am 37 yrs & was under severe stress for about last 6 months (which is now over) of late during my medical examination in Feb'12 my hemoglobin was around 12,  In month of May'12 it was recorded 16 & now 16.4. During all these months I had developed high uric acid which read as 8.9 for which I have been recommended Furic 40, 1 tab daily (which has reduced pain in my finger joints). Also since March'12  , I have BP reading 150/90 apart from this I feel warmth in different parts of body & uneasiness in  the limbs.

I request your expert advice on the following: -
1. What is the normal level of haemoglobin one should have and what is the maximum level? - If my haemoglobin level is more than the normal level, how can I control it?
2. What is the implication of high level of haemoglobin? What is the reason for higher level of haemoglobin ?
3. Is there any risk if the haemoglobin level is more than the normal level?
4. How can I reduce my hemoglobin levels.

Kindly advise on the treatment.