Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Is this a Kidney Stone?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Is this a Kidney Stone?

I have a spot of blood in my pants.  I went to the gyn and he did a pelivic and rectal , and said it was not that. He did a dip test of my urine and said I had blood.  I went to my personal physician and he did a urinalysis and I had no blood at that time.  I am scheduled to do another urine sample in a week, taken when I first wake up. Today I notice another small dot of blood in my pants. It comes in the morning after I am up and moving for a couple hours.  He menitoned I might have a kidney stone that is up high and moving around causing some bleeding when it moves.  Help!
Tags: Blood
I have had kidney stones, they do cause bleeding if they are irritating the ureter. It also hurts once it decides to make its journey down into it. Do you have any back pain (particularly lower)? Often there is discomfort in the back where the kidneys are with stones that are trying to move. I can tell you that I had no pain or discomfort until my stones moved though. Alot of people don't know that they have them until they get an xray and then they show up on them.
It could be kidney stones...if you doc suspects them, he or she will probably order what is called a KUB (kidney, ureter, bladder)series of xrays or a abdominal CT scan to get a better picture of what is going on there.
I hope this helps..
Sunny

Thanks for writing.
Blood in the urine can present in one of two ways: gross hematuria (blood that you can see in the urine), and microscopic hematuria (blood that is only seen when the urine is examined under a microscope). Both types can have serious causes. So the various possibilities in your case are UTI, Pyelonephritis, Cystitis, Urethritis Glomerulonephritis and Urethral ulceration.Kidney stone can cause pyelonephritis as well as glomerulonephritis.

Diagnostic tests that may be performed include Urinalysis, Urine culture, X-rays of the kidneys, Cystoscopy, IVP, Abdominal ultrasound and CT scan of the abdomen.The treatment will depend on the cause of the blood in the urine.
Pls consult your urologist as soon as possible to avoid any further complication.These diagnostic tests need to be done to confirm a diagnosis.

Hope this information helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional queries.Kind regards.