Occipital neuralgia symptoms?
My family doc thinks I may have a bit of occipital neuralgia, as I have a very sensitive spot on the back of my neck at the spine just below base of skull.  It gives me the willies when pressed, and gets very achy at times, with achiness also in my temples and above ear.

This is a new one to me.  I've been fighting tons of symptoms, including what feels like vague burning (along with nausea) through my digestive system and neck and head. I;ve been told I have visceral hypersensitivity.  I wonder if an irritated occipital nerve could cause these other symtoms as well, or if they are from some other problem?

Most information I've come across on the web doesn't indicate digestive symptoms such as nausea from this.
Pum
Nausea has many causes but a common one is anxiety.  Have you been feeling anxious?  It can creep up on you esp if you were worried about your other health issues.  

Another common cause is indegestion.

I can't answer your other questions.  Good luck.  Try to stop searching the internet if it is making you feel worse.  If not, then by all means research your health issues.

Occipital Neuralgia refers to inflammation of the nerves of
the Occipital Lobe. One of the brain lobes. It's located at
back of skull/above the brain/extensions to behind the ear
area. Touch it just right & can be very painful. It is one of
the causes of visceral hypersensitivity. If you have some neck
problems or chin dwn too much, it pulls on these muscles.
Computer folks often get this from bad neck posture unless they
take frequent breaks. Some people that say they have band-like hdaches will get dx's of O.N. Laying flat w/ icepak can help
along w/ meds your Dr may want to try. Gd-luck
Thanks for the info.  I do sit at a desk a lot, and it feels like my skalp is shrinking when I touch the back of my neck at the top.

I do have anxiety (and stress) and that is room for a whole other topic. But like you mention, most of my anxiety right now is due to my health problems and physical symptoms.  I was more anxious for a time a few years ago, got really sick, did not know why.  I could have swore I was dying.  They have not found anything other than functional problems wrong with me, so the anxiety must have something to do with it.

Now regaining health and getting rid of the physical symptoms is proving very difficult.