Odd lump in shoulder blade
I have had shoulder pain for almost 5 years now. I can Mt. bike, hike, throw freight at work and feel great, but as soon as I sit down and lean back or put ANY kind of pressure on the right side of my shoulder area the pain begins and grows until I have pain all the way down my arm. I've been to a Chiropractor and Massage therapist. The "vibrating massager" at the chiropractor would hit a spot in my shoulder area (a lump) that was excrutiating and would cause pain for hours after. Pain like when I gave birth to children with no pain killer pain. There is a "lump" that if I have any kind of pressure (like a sports bra that crosses over it) it becomes unbearably painful. I had X-rays which found nothing. Everyone just shakes their heads... the massage therapist said they had never seen anything like it in 12 years. What are some possibilities? What kind of specialist do I need to look into that might be able to help?

Thank you so much,

from "can't lean back in a chair"
Have they ran any tests to check for soft tissue problems. X rays only show bone structure. An ultrasound or an MRI might show what is going on. If there is a lump it could be a cyst of some sort and that would maybe not show up on a normal x ray. A shoulder specialist (orthopedic) or a physiatrist (not psychiatrist), might be a good start.
I really hope you can get this resolved soon.
Peace