Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Post liver transplant lab question
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Post liver transplant lab question

My daughter is 1 year post transplant she has had many issues with her LFTs and EBV has always been positive last labs draw it was 175,000 her prograf level was a little high also.  I'm concerned about some of her labs well really I dont understand them,  Here they are!

RBC- low
Hemoglobin- low
Hematocrit-low
MCV-low
MCH-low
Eosinophil- low
Lymphocyte 2.2 x 1000 ???
Anisocytosis- slight
Microcytosis-moderate
Platelet Morphology-normal

What do all these mean??
Related Discussions
2 Comments
Blank
351246_tn?1379685732
Hi
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
The lab results show anemia. She also appears to have low WBC. Due to some reason there is either low production or increased destruction of blood cells. Please take her to a hematologist and consult her hepatologist to check whether liver is the cause.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!
Blank
On the labs it said WBC is normal.  Her doctor seen them and said that there ok.  I just worry to much some times,  I worry liek crazy about PTLD cuz her EBV is so high.  Thank you
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Undiagnosed Symptoms Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Control Emotional Eating with this ...
Sep 04 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank