Recurring Fever - every 4-5 days

I haven't yet visited a doctor - due to my hectic work schedule, however i plan on making a visit within the next couple of days.

On August 9th, i suddenly got a fever, that included body aches, light headed, tingly feeling throughout body, headache, night sweats (but i think this was from the Neucitron i drank), etc. The next day i was fine, and the fever was gone. However, i still had the occassional [very] mild headache and a slight, but barely noticeable body aches. By day 3 they were gone.

Than about a week later, the following Friday (August17) i suddenly got the fever again with all the same symptoms listed above. This is after i was feeling better for almost a whole week. Than the next day i felt better again - no symptoms.

Than again, 3-4 days later, after i was feeling better from the second fever outbreak, i got it again - yesterday. Now today, i feel somewhat better - mild headache - maybe even a little bit lightheaded. By tomorrow im sure i will be perfectly fine. And im already preparing to have another fever in 4-7 days. Haven't made any plans for the weekend. haha

Now I'm smart enough to know having a fever a week is not normal, has anyone else experienced this? Or does anyone have any suggestions on what i might have?

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Mike
no one, thoughts?

Sounds like you could have an on-going virus. If your symptoms continue, I would suggest getting tested for Epstein Barr Virus. I would also make that appointment with your physician. Definitely take care of yourself !!!

Thank you very much for your comment. I'll be booking an appointment for the doctor shortly. However, should i wait until i get sick again? (By my track sheet i should be getting sick again by Saturday & Sunday)

As well, i don't really have a sore throat - which is one of the main symptoms for the Epstein Barr virus.

Does anyone know of any other viruses, and such, that'd cause an on-going, recurrent fever every 4-7 days?

There are so many viruses out there... too many to count and most of them aren't identified. Some of them are frightening. I know once my friend's husband had a virus and he had symptoms similiar to a heart attack ! He also had a fever of 102 degrees and when he was finally seen in the ER (after hours), an Epideminologist came out and asked him questions about where he worked, his diet, etc. The Epideminolgoist said that there were other cases of this virus going around and they were doing research on it because it was so serious.

Do you have any mosquito bites ? If so, you might want to ask your physician about West Nile Virus. Most people who have WNV, don't have symptoms but those who do, often have a headache along with a fever. Also, you may consider getting tested for lyme disease... especially if you recall being in an area with ticks or having a tick bite. (you would have a "bulls eye" rash)

Chances are it is a nasty virus that just needs to run its course. In my opinion, the best thing you can do is take time off from work and rest.... that is very important. Also, you may consider seeing an alternative medicine practitioner. I have CFS, that I got after I had a severe case of mono and found that alternative medicine practitioners knew and understood a lot more about viruses. Their treatments always seemed to help me feel better and the physicians' tend to spend more time with their patients'.

P.S. --- I would make sure your regular doctor checks your lymph nodes thoroughly and does blood work (at least a CDC/DIFF) on you as well.
No mosquito bites, or any weird rashes of any kind. *shrugs*

I'll be going to the Walk-In clinic today after 5pm, and hopefully they'll have some answers or draw some blood from me.

Thanks again for your help. :)
What did you have?  What caused your fever pattern?