Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
SHARP RANDOM PAINS
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

SHARP RANDOM PAINS

I'm 54 yrs old, and for the past few years I've been dealing with very sharp random pains throughout my entire body.  Lately they have been mostly, but not limited to, my fingers and my feet.  These pains feel as though someone is stabbing me with an electrified ice pick.  They last for several seconds, and lately they do not seem to subside all the way.  I had a heart attack in 2006, at which time I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes.  I was on several different medications for about a year, until it got to the point where I could not afford them, nor could I stand the way they made me feel.  I stopped taking everything, all 9 meds.  I basically feel okay, aside from these sharp pains.  I have trouble sleeping due to these.  I once read about Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy.  Is it possible this is what I have?  Casn this be treated without a lot of drugs?  I have lost a lot of weight, and my blood pressure has come down as well as my cholesterol.  I do feel tired much of the time.  PLEASE POINT ME IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION!!!!