SPLEEN LESION
         I have a lesion on my spleen which was found during a sonogram for another reson .
         I   have no symptoms of any kind.after been sent for an MRI to confim the lesion they
         were unable to know what it consist of.The doctor send me for spleen biopsy and it
         was painful and scarey due to going under for a few seconds.after that the test came    
         back inconclusive.So now the doctor wants me to go for a BONE MARROW biopsy.
         Am a little worry of what can happen.Are thier any suggestions.

How are you ?

In my opinion.unfortunately doctors are suspecting a malignancy of the spleen in your case.This malignancy can be either primary or secondary.Amongst the primary malignancy, hemangioma is the most frequent benign tumor. Among the primary and secondary tumors of the spleen, lymphoma), metastases,angiosarcoma,leiomyosarcoma and fibrosarcoma are important.The bone marrow biopsy that the doctors are planning are to check for any hypercellularity which may be indicative of lymphomas or other malignancies. Bone-marrow involvement occur in about 60%  cases of lymphomas spleen.

Hope this helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted if you have any additional doubts.