Severe Ankle Sprain
I had a grade 3 ankle sprain in July, I tore my ATFL completely and my CF partially. I was in a walking boot for 8 weeks, plus PT for 10 weeks. I am still suffering from pain, instablilty and swelling. I recently got a second opinion about my ankle as recommended from my PT. I was told at my appt yesterday that I could have possible nerve damage and she cannot operate on my ankle to fix the instablity until the nerve damage is assessed. I am 21 and all of this is confusing to me. She was also concerned about a certain tendon but I cannot remember the name. What I want to know is what does this possible nerve damage mean for my recovery? Is this something that can be fixed? Will my ankle ever by 100%?
the nerve damaged can be treated, you need to undergo assessment first, and you will have a cast to align the said nerve,if the nerve was not seriously damaged.
Its a long treatment possibly..it will take months to recover.