Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Sharp Pain in My right hand

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Sharp Pain in My right hand

recently i have started getting very sharp pains in my right hand, I've had no trauma. Just pain
1 Comment

Without examination,it is very difficult to confirm a diagnosis,but the various possibilities for your hand pain without any history of trauma are carpal tunnel syndrome(the median nerve is compressed at the wrist, leading to pain, paresthesias, and muscle weakness in the forearm and hand),arthritis(rheumatoid,osteoarthritis,gout),Charcot marie tooth disorder(mutations in genes that affect the normal function of the peripheral nerves), diabetic peripheral neuropathy , Dupuytren’s contracture(fixed flexion contracture of the hand where the fingers bend towards the palm and cannot be fully extended (straightened) , fasciitis(an inflammation of the fascia) , polyneuritis(inflammation of the peripheral nervous system.) ,radiculopathy(one or more nerves are affected and do not work properly (a neuropathy). ) and thoracic outlet syndrome(a group of distinct disorders that affect the brachial plexus (nerves that pass into the arms from the neck), and/or the subclavian artery and vein (blood vessels that pass between the chest and upper extremity).

I strongly advise you to consult a neurologist and get your hand examined.Investigations like blood sugar levels,EMG (electromyography), nerve conduction tests ,rheumatoid factor,serum uric acid and CT/MRI hand are needed to confirm a diagnosis.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing and in case of additional queries.

A related discussion, sharp pain was started.